Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Friday, August 08, 2008:
9th annual Children's Memorial Hospital radiothon
Photobucket

It's all about the kids. Today, August 8th through 6pm on August 9th, Eric & Kathy's 9th annual Radiothon. Every year I listen, because there is nothing, NOTHING, worse than a sick child. And every year I donate, because there is nothing more important that giving up that extra cappuccino or even a book to give back to a child.

Photobucket
Aidan - look at that little face!
True, this is a Chicago hospital, but kids from all over the world come here for care. It's an amazing place, and I believe strongly in everything they do. So if you are in the area, or just want to give back, you can go to the website: http://www.wtmx.com/ or you can call to donate at 1-888-831-7733.
Children's Memorial Hospital, Chicago, is recognized as one of the top pediatric hospitals in the country by rankings published in U.S. News & World Report. Its physicians are on faculty at Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine. Children's Memorial Hospital relies on philanthropy to help provide care to 113,000 patients and their families every year.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments

  1. Thanks for posting this, Stace.


  2. Thanks for the reminder. Since schoolis out I rarely listen to the radio.

    heh. I also keep forgetting that you are a local gal. I'm watching the Olympics and am kinda hoping we do NOT get it in 2016. Blasphemy, I know!


  3. You know, I have yet to read Colleen Gleason. I really should since she is the next author visiting us on the DIK blog. Hmm.. perhaps should go pick one up tomorrow so I can attend the signing and not be a complete ignorant loser AND get to meet you. And my mom would love for me to come out to the burbs.

    I am ticked that I just missed the Sherrilyn Kenyon signing. I had it written down and completely blanked. Oops!


Post a Comment