With the nasty winter weather, I've been complaining even more than usual, and that can be a drag, so I decided to be a little more cheerful and talk about more positive things, and I kept thinking about what I do love about where I live: the midwest, or more specifically, Chicago ('burbs). Some of the great things about this city are:
- Chicago pizza! Nothing like Gino's East deep dish -yum!
- Oprah - she's had her not so stellar moments, but I give the woman credit for a lot of the positive things she does do, like her Angel Network and getting people to read
- theatre. It may not be Broadway, but Chicago has quite a pool of talent
- Lake Michigan and Navy Pier - it's a cool place to hang out in the summer - and I love the Taste of Chicago
- ghost hunter Richard T. Crowe - I've actually gone on a tour
- Childrens Memorial Hospital and 101.9FM the mix for their annual radioathon
- Woodfield Mall. Before Mall of America, it was rather well-known. Still a mall is just a mall...
- O'Hare airport - I love hanging out there, have even worked there for a brief time
- the Frank Sinatra song!
What are some of the things you love about where you live?