Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, February 20, 2008:
6 things
nessie
I got tagged, so here is my response to 6 unimportant things about me....
  1. I have this fascination for the Loch Ness monster, and one day I hope to visit Scotland and go to where the legend began. I think it's the fantasy of such a beast living and lurking in a murky loch that has me so intrigued. Sidenote: there is a mention of this mysterious creature in one of Diana Gabaldon's books which is kinda cool.
  2. I am a huge animal lover, and growing up, my family always had dogs. My last pet, Roscoe, was 1/2 collie, 1/2 husky, and he was just gorgeous. But also rather reckless; when I was 14, he was killed by a bear. One of the most devastating things that ever happened to me, and I miss him so, so much, even now. There's nothing like the unconditional love of a pet, and my Roscoe got me through a lot of teenage drama. I loved him more than anything.
  3. During the 80's, I had posters of several actors and singers gracing my bedroom wall, but probably the two that stood out the most were Rob Lowe ("St Elmo's Fire", "Youngblood", "The Outsiders") and Jon Bon Jovi - the sexiest rocker to ever feature in my adolescent daydreams. Both are still good-looking today, though my adoration has waned over time.
  4. I had my first crush when I was about four or five. His name was Scott, and my mom has a few pictures of us together, holding hands. I still remember that.
  5. I didn't like "Catcher in the Rye". I read it in the 10th grade and I was bored out of my mind. I've considered going back to read it because it's one of those books that really cool people seem to love, but I'm not cool so really, what's the point?
  6. I was never baptized. This bothered me a lot when I was a teen, especially since most of my friends were Catholic and talked about it a lot. I felt like such a pariah, but I've come to terms with it, and my relationship with God is more spiritual than religious. I am at peace with my faith.

Okay, done. Anyone else? No? Yeah, I think everyone's done it by now. Anyway, now that I'm back, I'm working on some stuff, and I have a really cool interview coming up that I can't wait to share. 2008 should be a fun year :)

Labels:

8 Comments

  1. I don't know if you know or not, but the family and I were going to go to Scotland this summer. I had an itinerary and everything which included quite a few Outlander sites, not the least of which was Loch Ness. I love her theory. But alas, it's not meant to be this year. :o(


  2. Ugh. I hated (and still do) The Catcher in the Rye. It's one of those books that I recognize as being really good while not liking it at all.


  3. Jenster! I did not know that. I'm sorry you won't be going - I would have lived vicariously through you.

    Meljean, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'd much, much, much rather read one of your books.


  4. I have never read Catcher in the Rye.
    as for Loch Ness, one of these days I will go there and take a dip. And knowing my luck, Nessie will think I am cute and drag me away to his underwater lair.
    Or is he a she?


  5. Hi Stace! I'm so glad you're back online. OK, it was only a few days, but still, it seemed longer.

    I knew about your love of Nessie, but I'd kind of forgotten. I love that about you! Somehow I got skipped over for the 6 things, which is probably a good thing. I'm already wide-open on my blog, at some point it becomes TMI. LOL!


  6. Stacy's back. Stacy's back. YAY!!! =o)

    I've never read "Catcher in the Rye" but remember wanting to. Wasn't that the one that was banned in some schools?
    For me the heinous high school read was "Of Mice and Men". Not even the terrific Gary Sinese and John Malkovich could make it better.


  7. There are wonderful walks around Loch Ness, it is truly an eire location. When you do go, do not miss Urquhart Castle, some ruins on the shore of the Lake.

    I hated Catcher in the Rye too and I had a major crush on Rob Lowe - I even sent him a fan letter, first and only time I did so! LOL. St Elmo's Fire is still a favorite movie of mine.


  8. It's a family vacation and our choices were Scotland or Hawaii. The kids chose Hawaii because they knew I'd make them walk all over the Scottish country side. No biggy, though. Todd and I will go to Scotland for our 25th anniversary in 5 years. Alone. :o)

    Besides, we are going to Hawaii.


Post a Comment