Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, February 04, 2008:
What I'm watching: BBC's "Robin Hood" (2006)
Photobucket
Hot, hot, hot!
This is the reason I started watching "Robin Hood" - for Richard Armitage, who plays Guy of Gisbourne. Never have I loved a villain so much. Richard plays Guy with a more sensitive nature - he's almost like a spoiled child in some ways, grabbing for whatever he can get, eager to have someone love him but suspicious and petulant when things don't go his way. He doesn't understand he cannot force someone to love him, no matter how much he wants them to. While part of him may want Marian because so does Robin, I think there's also a part of him that cares very deeply for her.
Photobucket

Now, for those of you who haven't seen it, I won't give away any spoilers, but things were a-brewin' at the end of season 2 and we're still not sure what will happen for season 3. So far I'm still working on season 1, and am ignoring any tidbits about future seasons. I'm just getting all dreamy about baddie Sir Guy (yeah, no surprise there) and even admit that the young whippersnapper who plays Robin Hood is a kind of a cutie - reminds me a bit of Brad Pitt with those twinkling eyes and charming smile. I do like him. And Will Scarlett. And Alan A Dale. Heck, even Much is kinda cute in a geeky way. It's not rocket science, and the version with Michael Praed is still my favorite, but it's a fun show to watch.

One thing I've noticed is that instead of the gang winning at every turn, they seem to be going backwards. In the beginning, they won just about every battle, tricked the Sheriff and Guy, and won the day. Now they sure do fall into a lot of traps, people die, and Robin Hood is not always right, or blindly obeyed. Interesting stuff. And who doesn't get a kick out of the flamboyant and evil Sheriff? He cracks me up. I'm enjoying this campy ride.
So, what are you watching?

Labels: , ,

10 Comments

  1. I have the first season of this on DVD but I'm holding out on watching too much of it - rather like rich - really rich fudge or something. I'm Very Eagerly waiting for it on DVD - since *sigh* we don't get BBC America.


  2. There - see - I missed the question. Other than North and South you mean I presume. Well - other than Lost and Blood Ties, I also got both seasons of The Magnificent Seven - a tv series a number of years ago for the Western lover in me.


  3. I am sooooo jealous!! I want to see this so bad.


  4. this looks good. I've never seen it. I've been watching Moonlight and Lost.


  5. I've seen some episodes, but keep forgetting when it is on. I grew up on Robin Hood, my dad makes his own longbows, and I've even been to Sherwood forest. A lot of fun.


  6. I've been to Sherwood Forest a couple of times! Looks nothing much like a forest now, but it's still a fun place to go!

    I just watched the first episode of RH Season 2 on Sunday when it was showed here, so I will be watching that for a while. Also, on Sunday, watched the first episode of the new series of Miss Marple....because RA is in one of the later episodes. Other than that I am still pretty happy with replaying North and South and Vicar of Dibley!

    Yep! I'm STILL obsessed!


  7. Richard as the evil Guy is perfect!
    Screw Robin Hood. If I was Marian I would have had my way with Guy up against the castle wall!
    Unfortunately none of that will be happening in season 3.


  8. Hi Stacy,

    Thanks to Megan I'm totally on the North and South bandwagon and just ordered Robin Hood from the library. I'm having so much fun.


  9. Kristie, I think I need to buy it...sigh.

    Kris, you reminded me of how much I enjoyed the one with Michael Praed.

    Kelley, I've never watched either of those!

    Toni, the show has me interested in archery now.

    Marg, how cool! But it's sad there's not much forest left now.

    Katie, I figured I'd feel the same way, but I do like the other characters as well. Can't help it.

    Kwana, I agree, it is fun :) I want to talk about Richard & N&S and Robin Hood all the time now LOL.


  10. Oh wow, that guy is HOT.

    Robin Hood was one of the first books I ever read as a little girl; it holds a soft spot in my heart.

    I don't think we get that show here though. This is the first time I've even heard of it. Will look for the DVD.

    As for what I'm watching: Living w/o a TV for a whole year kind of put me off tv shows :( I used to be a "series" junkie and now can't seem to be bothered to turn on a tv.

    The only thing I watch is The View, and then, only the first 20 Mins of Hot Topics.


Post a Comment