Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Tuesday, January 22, 2008:
The Queue
I've been slow about catching up on movies, and have been adding them as I go along. So far, I don't have too many, which is a good thing. I don't need a huge tbw (to be watched) pile to rival my tbr pile. Here's what I've compiled so far:

1. "Robin Hood" series 1 - the BBC drama with Richard Armitage. Enjoying it so far, though we need more Richard (I've only seen the first 3 episodes). Even the kid who plays Robin is fun to watch, reminds me a bit of Brad Pitt, but in a good way.

2. "The Vicar of Dibley: Wholly Happy Ending"...with Richard Armitage (seeing a trend here)

3. "Real Women Have Curves" - with America Ferrera from "Ugly Betty". Been wanting to see this one for awhile.

4. "Me Without You" - with Michelle Williams (the mother of Heath Ledger's baby). Looked interesting when I added it to my Q.

5. "The Devil Wears Prada". Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, fashion. Okay, none of those get me overly excited, but the previews for it looked good.

6. "Walk the Line" - Joaquin Phoenix. Come on, the guy is a great actor, and a total sexy bad boy. And I like Reese Witherspoon.

7. "How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days" - can't believe I've never seen this. Looks much better than that new movie with Kate Hudson & MM. Think I'll pass on that one.

8. "Children of Men" with Clive Owen. Deep, thought-provoking, kinda suspenseful. And Julianne Moore is in it too. Like her.

9. "Driving Lessons" with Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley from the Harry Potter movies). Had a little crush on Ron and wanted to see what else he's been in.

10. "Ocean's 11" - can you believe I never say this either? George, Brad, Matt. Fun times.

11. "Ocean's 12" (need to add 13 too). Ditto.

12. "Prime" with Meryl Streep and Uma Thurman. Meryl is a therapist who encourages Uma to date...and she does. Meryl's younger son. Mom could kill. Sounds fun.

13. "Monsoon Wedding" - "Bride & Prejudice" has inspired me to see fims set in different countries, and I've heard great things about this one.

14. "Songcatcher" - celtic music, Aidan Quinn. Just those accents alone...

15. "Two Can Play That Game" - Morris Chestnut & Vivica Fox. They look good together and it caught my eye. Gabrielle Union plays the other woman. Girl fighting? Well, that doesn't really appeal to me but it looked fun.

16. "Firefly" - the Joss Whedon tv series. Nathan Fillion as the captain. Saw this when it aired, but not all the episodes. Been jonesing since BtVS went off the air for more Whedon brilliance.

17. "Serenity" - movie based on the tv series "Firefly". Just gotta see the movie too.

18. "Beowulf and Grendel" - with Gerard Butler. More Gerard. Added this after I saw "300", which I really liked. Wonder if he takes his shirt off in this one....

19. "North Country" with Charlize Theron (set in my hometown). It's about sexual harrassment in the mining industry. Not a shining moment for the mines (where my dad worked) but an important topic, and I want to see what areas they filmed where I grew up.

20. "Troy". Orlando Bloom. Eric Bana. I think Brad Pitt. Muscles. Total eye candy movie.

21. "Resident Evil". I need a good kick-ass chick movie.

22. "Resident Evil: Apocalypse" - and another.

23. "Resident Evil: Extinction" - okay, now I have to see the last one.

24. "Shattered" - Gerard Butler, Maria Bello & Pierce Brosnan. Pierce is a bad guy who steals G & M's daughter. Supposedly twists throughout the movie.


What am I missing?

Labels: ,

5 Comments

  1. Will have to think on your question and post later about that.

    Of the ones you posted. Walk The Line is really great and I don't really care for Joaquin Phoenix alll that much but he did a great job in this. Reece's Oscar was well deserved.

    The Devil Wears Prada was fabulous. Much much better than I thought. I actually got my own copy around Christmas and have watched it I think three times total. First saw it at the movies and have watched it twice on video.

    How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days. I was disappointed in this one I think mainly because to me Kate and Matt didn't have any chemistry as a couple and I didn't believe they should be together in this....funny though I thought the new one coming out looked much better than this one. Guess we must have somewhat different taste in movies.

    The Ocean's movies were all worth seeing ....for me because George is in them. There are a few twists and turns so you can't take a break from the viewing unless you pause first.

    Troy overall was pretty good. I saw it at the theater too and thought it was a bit long. It is one of those that I am glad I saw at the theater though. some movies are just better on the big screen ya know.

    North Country....this is one I have been meaning to see as well. Keep forgetting about it though. It looks really intense.

    Will try and think of some more for your list.

    Let me know what you think of the ones I have mentioned.


  2. Robin Hood ~ So good! Love, love, love Guy :-)

    Vicar of Dibley ~ You may want to stock up on Depends undergarments before you watch. Either that or be sure a bathroom is close by. You're gonna laugh ~ this is hilarious.

    Real Women Have Curves ~ I enjoyed this one.

    The Devil Wears Prada ~ *meh* It's okay. Kiddo likes it.

    Walk the Line ~ Very good. The Oscars were definitely well-deserved.

    How to Lose a Guy ~ I really enjoy this one. I actually own it and watch it every once and awhile.

    Children of Men ~ I've been meaning to watch this and just haven't yet. Someday.

    Ocean's 11 ~ Was good. I'm not sure why I never watched Ocean's 12.

    Prime ~ *meh*

    Songcatcher ~ Love it. I love the old songs in this.

    Two Can Play at this Game ~ Morris Chestnut is in it. Need I say more? He's a hottie.

    North Country ~ So good! Very emotional.


  3. So what are you doing next year?

    :D


  4. Missing... Hmmm.

    LOST?

    And that new Daniel Day Lewis movie?

    Have you seen Blood Diamond?

    I hope you enjoy them all. I love the Vicar of Dibley :) Dawn French is one of my heroes.


  5. I am a huge Joss Whedon fan and Firefly and Serenity are amazing. I was devasted when Firefly was cancelled, the greatest mistake of TV History.

    And I second toni anderson, definitely catch up with Lost.


Post a Comment