Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Saturday, January 05, 2008:
Writing with the Wet Noodle Posse!
Photobucket
I am a fan of this site because I am thoroughly fascinated by the writing process, though I don't visit as often as I'd like. I'm not a writer (though I daydream about being one occasionally) yet the advice these authors give is priceless. So far, they've got quite a line-up for 2008. Here's the planned schedule:



January-Getting Started (goals, choosing story idea, focus, etc.)

February-Character Development (names, physical descriptions, backstory, etc.)

March-Plotting

April - Conflict

May-Research

June-Business side of Writing (market, marketing, promotion, etiquette)

July-Prepping for Conference (both for national and smaller conferences)

August-Inspiration (for stories and for keeping yourself going)

September-Writer Health (physical and mental)

October-GH Preparation

November-Writing Challenges (NaNo, BIAW, turning off the internal editor, etc.)

December-Editing/RevisionsGet great information in a fun community!



Visit http://wetnoodleposse.blogspot.com/

Seems like a lot of valuable information for those interested in writing, getting started, or trying new ideas. Give it a shot, and maybe one day I'll be reading your books :)

Do you write, or dream of writing?
Are you following your dream?

Labels: ,

5 Comments

  1. Ha! I think anyone who reads as passionately as the lot of us do, has some secret desire to write. I do. I wouldn't write romance. I'm not mature enough to write romance...i'm barely mature enough to read it! LOL I would write Young Adult/Teen fiction. I have a lot of stories started, just can't seem to follow through. Story of my life!


  2. I started following my dream about two years ago! I'm so glad I did.


  3. LOL Jodi, I think that way sometimes too. I get caught up in all that teenage angst and drama. If you ever continue your writing, I'd read it!

    Yay Kelley, you go girl! Following your dreams can be scary but also rewarding.


  4. Well Stacy, maybe I will take you up on that sometime.

    I think with one's own writing, there is always that fear that you suck, but you don't realize that you suck. Kind of like the girl that goes to every karaoke night available to sing, but can't carry a tune to save her life, but she has no idea that she can't sing, so she sings, and sings, and sings... I think you get the idea. I would never want to be that girl. lol


  5. Well, Jodi, if it's any help, I find your blog posts funny and interesting - I love how you write, and I think that would come across in whatever you do - you have your own voice.


Post a Comment