Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Saturday, May 12, 2007:
8 Random things about me
I got tagged by Toni and by Shiloh, so I guess I better do it, huh?


  • Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
  • At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
  • Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I'm 100% (or so I've been told) Finnish and have traveled to Finland when I was 22 years old - it was an amazing trip and I really hope to go back.

2. I am always shocking people, and by that I mean I have a lot of static electricity built up in me that zaps most people who come into contact with me. It's kinda weird.

3. When I was a kid, around four, I was extremely afraid of death, and wouldn't go to sleep. This went on for weeks, until I made the executive decision that I was going to go stay with Santa Claus and live forever.

4. I've only ever been completely blacked-out drunk once in my life - when I was 19. Did shots with a cop, then played a drinking game with a few friends and a couple of strangers at a party, and the next thing I know it was morning and I woke up on the living room floor with a scar on my back and I had no idea how I got it. Let's just say that it was the height of stupidity and I've never done that again, nor do I want to. Kids can be so stupid....

5. I really, really want the Loch Ness monster to be real. And one day I hope to see him/her (it?) when I go to Scotland.

6. I've always been drawn to tigers. I just love their wildness, their sleek beauty. I don't like that they are predators, but that is how they survive. I also hate that they are endangered. Humans can be incredibly cruel and selfish.

7. Give me a blue-collar guy over a suit any day of the week. I love a man who works with his hands, who wears faded jeans and cut-off shirts and has a bit of grease on him. Yum.

8. I am extremely low maintenance (and it shows). Including a 10-minute shower, it probably takes me 20 minutes to get ready. Being comfortable makes me feel good about myself.

I think just about everywhere I've been this meme has been posted, so I'll tag whoever else wants to do it :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments

  1. 100% Finnish, eh? Now that is not one you hear every day...but it's still cool.

    Executive decision to live with Santa...that seems like a totally logical way to get over your fear of death (??)

    You like a dirty man - I like mine clean and shiny. lol


  2. Jodi, yeah I'm not sure if it's really true, but I like where I come from. And at 4, I wasn't exactly using logic but rather greed in my decision-making. As for the men, I would say I prefer them not so much dirty as a bit scruffy. Clean is good, but I prefer to rub off the shine ;)


  3. LOL--I'm low maintenance too :) Sometimes I have to check I've combed my hair LOL, but then in winter it is under a toque and in summer under a bike helmet so you can't even tell!!

    I got drunk aged 4. Not with a cop, but on the parent's sherry. Happy days :)


Post a Comment