Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Sunday, October 22, 2006:
Up-to-the-minute updates...or whatever
Okay kids, lots going on. First off, I just went back to my p/t job....and decided to quit. I plan on honoring the days they have me scheduled, so my last shift will be November 11th, and I am so excited! I love having weekends to myself, so now I'll actually have something that is supposed to resemble a life.
For those of you who don't know, I work @ Barnes and Noble, in the cafe. Been there since October 2002, and it got the point that I tried to quit and they let me work one day a week. Now I just have other things going on and I don't even need the job, so I'm going to let go of my nice discount and move on. It's time.
Second, I will have the drawing for Kathleen Dante's book today, just not at noon CST. See, in the confusion of going back to the p/t job, my boss told me I was working 10-6:30 for 3 Saturdays in a row, so I thought I started yesterday, when in fact I start today. Which is a Sunday. She was a little confused, and that's okay, but I'm working 10-3pm, so I will have the drawing later this afternoon, and hopefully post it no later than 6pm, depending on how my day goes.
And lastly, brrrrrrrrrrrr! It's freakin' 37 degrees outside with a chance of snow, so for all you Cali girls who have 80 degree weather and want something colder, I'll trade you in a heartbeat!
Oh, any song that's stuck in your head these days? I'm addicted to Fergie's "Delicious". And the one with the "funky little monkey with the tiniest ears" - Lady Sovereign - it's driving me nuts. How 'bout you?

3 Comments

  1. A song that is stuck in my head? My 14-year-old niece has discovered Queen. Yesterday, all day, I heard the song "Bicycle". Bicycle, bicyle. I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike. (And repeat) Stupid song is stuck in my head and I can't get rid of it. Why couldn't she like something like "We are the Champions" or "We Will Rock You" or any of their other good songs? Those, I could live with.


  2. I have had Happy Birthday stuck in my head after singing it several times yesterday for my nephew and niece (and then for the nephews who didn't even have a birthday but wanted to blow out candles).

    I also have had the The Gambler by Kenny Rogers stuck in my head for a couple of weeks now.

    My mind has been like a radio playing the same few songs over and over.

    Oh, and of course I had to sing, "Stacy's blog has got it going on" when I came to your blog.


  3. Mine vasillates between Jimmy Neutron's theme song and some snippet from my kids Zelda Game cube game.

    I LOVE, Bicycle by Queen. That's an EASY song to get stuck on ...better than the Invisible Man..weirdest song ever...


Post a Comment