That brat Mailyn tagged me, and I usually don't participate in tags cuz I'm rather contrary, but I figured I'll just bore you now and get it over with, and the truth is I actually do have a bit of a soft spot for Mailyn cuz she's always doing stuff for other people even while being a badass cool chick. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's just get on with it already.....
1. I would consider myself to be a spiritual vs. a religious person. I totally believe in God, but organized religion? Not so much. I believe that God loves us, believes in us, and that we go on this merry-go-round more than once before going on to our Heavenly reward. Or the other place. I mean, come on. Look at how some people seem to have such a heavy burden while others are more fortunate. I know this to be true because I am one of the fortunate ones while people I know have a lot of serious stuff to deal with. I think at one time or other we all have to pass certain "tests". We all have lessons to learn, but it takes more than one lifetime. And what's in our hearts is more important than just going to church every Sunday.
2. I believe in Karma. Not in a "new-age, hippy, read the tarot cards and wear the crystals" kind of way, but in a more practical fashion. Like, if I do something bad, or vindictive, it's going to come back to bite me. Basically, what goes around comes around. Doesn't mean I'm a really great person, it just means I'm aware of what could most likely happen. So I try to be nice, even when it kills me, but I don't always succeed.
3. You can live without television. I've pretty much been doing it for 3 years, and I find I really don't miss it as much as I thought I would. Sometimes I wish I knew what all the fuss was about on shows like "Lost" and "Grey's Anatomy", but I sure don't miss all that reality t.v.
4. I am my own best friend. To me, the definition of a best friend is someone that you tell everything to, and I don't have a friend like that. What I do have are several casual friends and a few close friends who all know a lot about me, probably different things, but no one knows everything. Sometimes I feel it's like I'm more than one person : one is quiet, reserved, cautious; another is moody and outspoken with a sarcastic sense of humor; and another is funny, crazy, and full of life. Depends on who I'm hanging with. Only me (and maybe my blog) gets it all. No one person knows all my secrets.
5. Okay, I debated about saying this one cuz I usually just don't throw things out there, but what the heck. I've had this recurring fantasy about having sex in my office at work, specifically on my desk, with this guy who works in the same building. We've been friends for a long time, and I never thought of him in that way until more recently, when one day he walked by me and said "good morning" and I went hot all over. I think he knows I have a crush on him but he doesn't know my intentions LOL. Haven't gotten the nerve to tell him that. He's also quite a bit older than me and I don't think he even feels the same way about me, but I've learned age really doesn't mean anything when you're attracted to someone. Nothing may come of it anyways, but it's still a really good fantasy ;)
Okay, if you're still awake, I will say "tag" to anyone who wants to play. This truth business is tough stuff!