Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, October 25, 2006:
Beautiful girl.....
Today I'm gonna be a bit superficial and talk about some women who I think are just really physically beautiful. Yeah, I know, usually I'm drooling over the hotties, but today it's all about the girls. Here are a few of my selections:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I first saw Kate Winslet in "Titanic", and was struck by how pretty she was. One of the things I liked best about her was that she wasn't a stick figure - she had real, womanly curves. She reminded me of what I imagined a historical heroine would look like - at least my version of how they should look.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
She is also very elegant, but can also play really unconventional roles and be utterly convincing. Personally, I believe she is underrated as an actress.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
She seems like the kind of woman who could be your girlfriend, someone to hang with, go drinking, and dish about hot guys. Gotta like that.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Love her or hate her for whatever reason, there is no doubt, at least in my mind, that Angelina Jolie is stunning, and rather fearless. She's a pilot with a sense of adventure, a mother who is as fierce as a lioness, and an activist who truly is trying to make the world a better place. Not everyone can say that.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Regardless of what you think of her, she is someone who walks the walk and talks the talk. She just happens to be damn gorgeous while doing it. If I were to have a girl crush, Angelina would probably be it.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Believe it or not, not everyone loves Meg Ryan, but I do. One of my favorite movies is with her and Kevin Kline called "French Kiss". I just adore that movie! Cast more often than not for her "perkiness", she has managed to show a depth and a dark side that not everyone wants to associate with America's sweetheart.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
She is also an intelligent, well-read woman, which definitely makes her even more interesting. The more I read about her, the more fascinated I become and I want to learn even more. She's not just a cute blonde.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There is a bit of a rebel in her, and someone who's probably had to deal with being pretty and all the limitations that come along with that label. She can't play the girl next door forever, so I'm curious to know what she'll do next.
Who do you find to be beautiful?
Have you ever had a girl crush? For who?
For clarification, a girl crush doesn't mean it's anything sexual, though it can, but that's not what I'm asking for. You can just find someone really beautiful or maybe you really admire what they do. Or, maybe if you had a choice, it's someone you wished you looked like. Don't be scairt. It's all in fun :)

6 Comments

  1. I LOVE Meg Ryan & "French Kiss" is my favorite movie of all time.

    I'm also a big Jennifer Love Hewitt fan - she is not only an actress, but a singer, writer, producer, and pretty to boot. She has an amazing show on t.v. called "Ghost Whisperer", which is my favorite show on t.v. right now!

    And, Alessandra Ambrosio the Victoria's Secret model - she is just gorgeous!


  2. Julia Roberts ~ She just seems fun and down to earth.

    I love "French Kiss" ~ How can anyone not like a movie that has Meg Ryan AND Kevin Kline? :-)

    BTW ~ I got the book today Stacy. I hope to read it soon!


  3. I think a lot of women are beautiful but not many people in this side of the world know who they are. LOL.

    As far as Hollywood, I agree with Angie!!!!! :-)


  4. I think women are wonderful. I love Angelina, my other favourites are Scarlett Johansson and Kiera Knightly.

    I can dream of being so gorgeous :)


  5. Jodi: I always thought JLH was cute, but didn't realize she was so talented. I've never seen Alessandra, at least I don't think I have. I'll have to google her picture. But I'll do it later so I don't get depressed LOL.

    Devonna: yep, Julia Roberts. I was watching "My Best Friend's Wedding" the other day - the hair, that smile. Geez, some people are too darn pretty. Glad you got the book - that was fast!

    Mailyn, I find you have some pretty unusual interests - I'm curious to know who meets your standard of beauty.

    Toni, Scarlett and Kiera seem to have those pretty/ugly moments, where they transform right before your eyes. One minute they are "eh" and the next they are gorgeous. Hate them LOL.


  6. A girl crush? haha...that's cute. I've had plenty of them and I'm not INTO girls like that, but I liked your list, I think that Kate Winslet is BEAUTIFUL and so is Angelina Jolie! I've never paid much attention to Meg Ryan before, but in that little picture you posted, she does look really pretty!

    I think Jessica Alba is beautiful, she's got that dark exotic look that I wish I had....*sigh*


Post a Comment