Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, September 04, 2006:
Christmas for the troops
I'm posting this for my dear friend, the angel Laurie:
**********************************************
Hello everyone!
I know that no one wants to hear this, but the holidays are right around the corner!! For that reason, I am putting together another "Holidays for the Troops" project. I have high hopes of this being our most successful holiday campaign to date!I think you all know the drill by now, but please humor me while I do a quick run-down for those who don't. You send either items to be sent to the troops or checks, money orders or gift cards to be used to shop for the troops, I then put together shipments and send them out to servicemen and women in Iraq and Afghanistan.
This link - http://lorifoster.com/author/militarytribute.htm - will take you to the Military Tribute page on Lori Foster's website, there you will find a complete list of suggested items in the event you would like to do your own shopping for the troops.In return for your donation, your name will be added to a raffle for some wonderful prizes. While I haven't decided on just how to put the prize packages together, these are the authors that I have heard from so far about donating books and/or other goodies:
Lori Foster: A t-shirt and tote bag from Cafepress and several books
Dianne Castell: Three copies of "Texas Bad Boys" and other goodies
Erin McCarthy: One copy of "You Don't Know Jack", one copy of "High Stakes", two copies of "The Night Before Christmas", and one copy of "The Naked Truth"
Jill Shalvis: A box of "Aussie Rules" for the raffle and to send to the troops
Shiloh Walker: Two copies of "Hunting the Hunter", one for the raffle and one for the troops
LuAnn McLane: One copy of "Dark Roots and Cowboy Boots", one copy of "Hot Summer Nights" and one copy (if she has her copies by then) of "Love, Lust and Pixie Dust"
Laurie: $25. gift certificate to Gooseberry Patch online country store
Stacy ~ : $25 Barnes and Noble gift certificate
Other authors have expressed an interest, but haven't yet indicated how they wish to help. I will be adding to this list as I have further details. The raffle drawing will be held on October 31st. I especially enjoy these holiday shipments because I can add boxes of cards for the troops to send to their friends and families, as well as holiday music, lights and decorations. Cards and letters from those who donate are hugely appreciated and always commented on. It is incredibly heartwarming and rewarding.
I am hopeful that if you have a blog you might mention this project and provide my information. Please let any authors that you're acquainted with know about this exciting project! There is absolutely nothing political about this project. It is simply a show of support for the men and women who serve our country. Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks bunches, Laurie
*********************************************************
And thank YOU, Laurie, for all that you do!

3 Comments

  1. What a great thing to be doing. YOu ladies rock!


  2. This is a great idea!


  3. Stacy,
    I've tried for a couple of days to post and blogger was being a pill and wouldn't let me. THANK YOU, sweetie, so very much for helping to spread the word! I'm hopeful that this will be a terrifically successful project! You're the best!


Post a Comment