Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Tuesday, December 08, 2009:
Spotlight: S - Nalini Singh


Picture by Ashwini Singh

Isn't Nalini Singh just adorable? I think so. And who would think she writes not just one but two incredible paranormal series that have readers panting for more.

I'm slowly swimming in the dark and dangerous waters of the paranormal world, mostly because for the longest time, I wasn't interested in reading about any other creature besides a vampire, and look at how long it took me to find them appealing (as mentioned in my Night Pleasures post). I'd read stories with werewolves before, but they didn't appeal much to me. I figured I was a once-creature kinda girl.

So when everyone started raving about these books involving leopards and panthers and wolves, well I couldn't care less. However after awhile I couldn't ignore the discussion any longer, and I was feeling left out and jealous that there were books out there that several of my reader friends adored that I hadn't read. I finally got my hands on "Slave to Sensation", especially cuz my pal Kati made me most curious about this alpha named Lucas. And wow, I was blown away.

So now I've read several of Nalini's Psy-Changeling books, and loved each and every one of them. Before too long, word spread about another series, this one about Archangels. I figured there's no way she can strike gold twice, right? Well, I would be proven incredibly wrong on that one. "Angel's Blood" is a fantastic read, imaginative and fearsome, and I'm trying to figure out which series I like best. But really, it doesn't even matter. Because Nalini has some sensational writing skills that are apparent in whatever she writes. So I'm going to savor both series, and hope to God that she has it in that limitless scope of a brain to wow us yet again with her magic. Rock on, Nalini.

Do you have a favorite Psy/Changeling hero?


And what do you think of Raphael?

Labels: ,

11 Comments

  1. I love all the male Changelings but Hawk just has that extra x-factor that makes me lust for him and his story. I don't think I'm the only one in that LOL

    And Raphael, I just have a weakness for angels and don't ya love it how Nalini Singh describes their wings *shivers in delight8


  2. Hands down Lucas from Slave to Sensation. The way he is so loving and protective of his Sasha is so awwww...

    Raphael is one scary dude even though he has a big wings and nice bathroom ;)


  3. I have SUCH a girl-crush on Nalini Singh. She is one of my all time favorite authors, and she's literally never written a book that hasn't worked for me. I'm so glad that you're enjoying the Psy-Changeling books. Aren't they marvelous?

    Well, Lucas from StS is my favorite hero right now, but I have a feeling that Hawke is going to give him a serious run for the money.

    I adored Raphael, he's just so...ruthless. I feel like I need a re-read of that book.

    *leaves to dig through Keeper shelves*


  4. I love Rapheal. I love that he's some big badass Angel and Elena gets him wrapped around her finger. Hes perfect.


  5. I had a little crush on Vaughn, and Dorian, and Hawke, and.....I think this list goes on forever. I so love her books and the new series is really great so far too. I love the concept of the new world she created!
    And Raphael is *drool*


  6. I love all Changelings, but Lucas is my ultimate favorite. Although I think I might like Raphael even more :) Can't wait for Archangel's Kiss...


  7. Darn it Stacy, you've done it! I had other books on my mind, but since you've spotlighted the fabulous Nalini Singh, I wants my Archangel's Kiss book right now! February is so far away ::Sigh::

    I love Nalini even though 9/10 I spell her last name wrong O_o, let's keep this between us, okay?

    Great post, I love these author spotlights.


  8. I *heart* Nalini Singh. My favourite Changeling is, without a doubt, Lucas. He's just... *swoon* I do like Hawke too...

    As for Raphael...ruthless is the perfect word to describe him. Have you read the excerpt for Archangel's Kiss? Elena is so not going to have it easy!

    And I'm with Smokin' - I love these author spotlights!


  9. Nalini is definitely one of my top 3 favorite authors. She never disappoints me. :) In the Psy/Changeling world, my favorite is Hawke, followed by Judd and Lucas. And I seriously can't wait for February! I love Raphael! He is so fascinating and mysterious.
    ~Tracy


  10. Raphael was okay. I think of all things I appreciate that he's smart.


  11. The psy-changelings are one of my favorite paranormal series, right up there with JR Ward and Meljean Brook, and I love the writing.

    Sadly, the angels I'm not as crazy about. Oh well.


Post a Comment