Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, August 11, 2008:
SFO: last of the sightseeing
It's Saturday, our last day in San Francisco. It's been gorgeous for the entire time, and we couldn't leave without checking out more of the sights.
Photobucket
Go Cars!
Now this was a total and complete awesome thing to do. Beth was our fearless driver while I was in charge of picture duty. These things only go about 40 mph, but for the most part that wasn't a problem. It was such a cool way to tour part of the city - you really felt like a part of the whole experience. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who gets the chance. Well worth the price.
Photobucket
The bridge from our Go Car tour.
Photobucket
China Beach - no nudists today...thank God.
Beth got a picture of me standing with my feet touching the ocean. I was wearing my helmet at the time so you can imagine who totally "cool" I looked...not. It sure gave us something to giggle about later, that's for sure.
Photobucket
Beth at the Japanese tea garden - she fits right in.
The gardens were lovely, and I especially liked this colorful flower, which just happened to match the "fire" in Beth's hair.
Photobucket
the Go Car down Lombard Street, the crookest street
Photobucket
the woman who started it all for me - Carole Mortimer
I was so mad at myself for not getting a picture of her at the Literacy signing, but Beth, BadBarb and I hung out near the ballroom to watch all the authors in their finery, and eagle-eye Barb spotted Carole and brought her over, where I then squeed like a crazed fangrrl. Not my finest moment, but Carole was so gracious and posed for several pictures, especially when I told her she was the first romance author I'd ever read. I was thrilled.
Photobucket
Patti!
Photobucket
Toni Blake looking just gorgeous
OMG I just love her dress. The color is wonderful, and she looked amazing, much like a princess on the way to the ball.
Photobucket
Lindsey Faber
Lindsey runs Toni's yahoo group, and I believe she also works for Samhain. She's so nice and friendly, and I had to get a picture of her looking so glamorous. Thanx Lindsey, for humoring me.
Photobucket
Roxanne St. Claire
Another glam author who came over to talk to us, and a friend of the Bellas. She was another super nice lady and we enjoyed talking to her.
Photobucket
Oh la de da it's Mary F.
So there you have it - the end of my time in San Francisco. If ever you get the chance to go, I highly recommend it. I would go back in a heartbeat. It's a beautiful, incredible city, and there was so much I didn't get a chance to see.
What's your favorite city?

Labels:

8 Comments

  1. Stacy - Loved all the fab photos! Looks like you all had a wonderful time!!

    Janice :)


  2. Stacy - thanks so much for posting the picture of me and for the nice compliment : ) I will admit I really enjoyed wearng that dress ; ) And even though I didn't win the Rita, it truly WAS an honor just to be nominated : )

    Loved seeing your pictures - looks like you and Beth had a great time seeing the sights : ) : ) Thanks for sharing!


  3. Awesome pics, Stacy! I'm so jealous of your little go cart adventures - sounds awesome - and how much of the city you saw. My aunt took me around for a fast and furious tour on Sunday, but it only whet my appetite for more! And thanks for posting the pic of me. You guys were awesome - like our own personal red carpet! It was so great to meet you and get to chat for a bit.


  4. Stacy - Thanks for posting all the wonderful pictures. SF looks like a great place to visit, and it sounds and looks like you had a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing with us.


  5. Great pictures!! Looks like you had so much fun!!

    Would you believe I think San Francisco is my favorite city?


  6. Great pictures Stacy. I esp loved your helmet. LOL


  7. I love SF. The go carts are a new thing since I was there.

    The Tea Gardens are one of my fave places- along with shopping on the pier.

    Glad to see you had a great time. I loved all the photos and memories many of them brought me.

    I literally left my heart there- and it's where hubby proposed- the first time. Before the ring.


  8. I visited SF a long time ago. I loved it and it still is a very special city for me.

    Thank you for your posts about your time there and for sharing your pictures. They're great.


Post a Comment