Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, December 17, 2007:
Dan Fogelberg (August 13, 1951 - December 16, 2007)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


From his website:


"Sunday, December 16:

Dear friends,Dan left us this morning at 6:00am . He fought a brave battle with cancer and died peacefully at home in Maine with his wife Jean at his side. His strength, dignity, and grace in the face of the daunting challenges of this disease were an inspiration to all who knew him."

I admit I was not a huge fan, didn't have any of his records or CD's, but I did enjoy his music. In fact at work, we've been listening to Christmas music and I remarked to one of my co-workers how much I liked his Christmas song "Same Auld Lang Syne". And of course some of his other songs too: "Longer", "Leader of the Band", and I'm sure there are others that I listened to as well.

It's sad to see such a young person pass away. He was only 56 years old. He died from prostate cancer; he was diagnosed in May 2004.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels:

1 Comments

  1. I heard about this on the radio this morning, Stacy. It's incredibly sad ~ 56 is way too young.


Post a Comment