Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Friday, November 24, 2006:
Black Friday: nirvana or ensuing insanity - you decide
It's the most wonderful time of the year (?). Time to brave shopping malls, crazy and irate drivers, phenomenal early bird sales, grabby customers, all to get the one (or several) perfect gift from family members, and hopefully for yourself. Dontcha just love it?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
T.M.X. Elmo
Me, I'm a scairt of all those people, having to dodge elbows and circling the parking lot for 20 minutes trying to find a parking spot anywhere on the same block. The police were out in full force today, and when I drove by Woodfield Mall, it was full to the brim. I can't believe I even dared to go anywhere near the mall anyway, but I really wanted to get Josh Bernstein's new book, "Digging for the Truth". He was well worth it ;)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Nintendo Wii
So, what gift is a must-have for this season? There is an assortment of electronics, and of course the new T.M.X. Elmo doll. I heard at one point someone was selling the new Playstation 3 for $9000 on eBay! Then the announcement was made that over 600,000 more units will be shipped to stores....sneaky, very sneaky. Or maybe I should say devious.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Playstation3
Me, I can't think of anything that I want that badly to spend thousands of dollars for (unless it's a car) or am willing to brave the mad rush to the stores to snatch up. But I did get an ipod, which I've wanted for awhile but have been reluctant to get - I hesitate to spend that much money on something, but then I decided I'm worth it. *g* I wanted to treat myself, so I did. Isn't it pretty? Okay it's black, and not purple or blue, but it's got 30GB so it could hold a ton of songs, videos, audiobooks. Now if only my computer would behave long enough for me to download some stuff on it....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mine
So is Black Friday a day of joy and wonder, or a (un)necessary evil that you must suffer through every year?
And a shout out for those who have to work it - retail can be brutal, but you manage to survive the madness with your bravery.

4 Comments

  1. I rarely leave the house on Black Friday ~ I don't care how good the deals are, it's just not worth the hassle for me. I'm not good with crowds on a good day ~ forget the holidays. I'll do my shopping around midnight just to avoid it.


  2. I shopped from 10:30am - 3pm worked from 3pm - 10:00pm then shopped a little more till 11pm. I love black friday. It's fun to brave the stores, I don't get obsessed or anything. But I like a good sale and to just go from store to store, BUT ONLY IF I AM ALONE! Never never shope with anyone on BF. Hell no, lol. And I love working it too cause I work commission sales and it's always big buys and such.


  3. I used to love getting out on Black Friday, but the older I get the less patience I have so it's better for me and everyone else if I stay home and shop the internet. And I really didn't see any big bargains in our sale papers.


  4. Devonna, I'm so with you on that. I hate shopping any time of year. Loooove the internet shopping though.

    Nicole, you are brave. It sounds like you enjoy it. More power to ya.

    Yeah, that's me too, Lisa, more and more. This year seemed a bit tame, but the parking lots were packed. Got my book and I'm happy.


Post a Comment