Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, May 14, 2007:
A Golden Era "Love Goddess"

A lot of people throughout the world adore blonde icon Marilyn Monroe, and I do too, but I admit that I have always been more fascinated by Rita Hayworth. I think she was glamourous, beautiful and incredibly talented. The way she danced was just amazing, whether she was with Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire, or performing solo. There is just something so captivating about her and the era she came from, an air of mystery and glamour that we will never see again.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Margarita Carmen Dolores Cansino

Sadly, she led a rather troubled life, having been married several times. Rita definitely had her share of heartache. Later in life she suffered the ravages of Alzheimer's disease (Note: the Rita Hayworth Gala has raised more than $47 million since 1985). While she was breathtaking and sensual onscreen, she tended to be shy and reclusive in her personal life, which to me makes her a more intriguing personality and much more than just a pretty face.

Here's my small tribute to her...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


"Rita Hayworth gave good face"
Vogue by Madonna

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
She once complained "Men go to bed with Gilda, but they wake up with me".
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Even with her striking red hair, has anyone ever looked better in
black and white? I think not
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
October 17, 1918 - May 14, 1987
Who's your favorite classic actress?
Favorite black & white movie?

Labels: ,

7 Comments

  1. Mornin' Stace!

    Favorite actress from that era? Probably Katherine Hepburn or Lauren Bacall. Both were smart, gorgeous and had fascinating love affairs with demi-gods of acting!

    Favorite B&W movie? Some Like it Hot. Or His Girl Friday. Or Casablanca. Mmm, probably Casablanca. What a love story.

    Wow, this is hard.


  2. Isn't she gorgeous?

    I love Audrey Hepburn, but fav movie is Casablanca. And The Great Escape (now I'm wondering if that was color LOL).

    And 'The Philadelphia Story'. And all the Errol Flynn movies...


  3. Audrey Hepburn is probably one of my favorites. I love old musicals especially Fred Astaire, Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye movies.


  4. Oh, come on now. You don't really expect us to be able to narrow it down to just *one*, do you? In either category?

    :)

    Although I do have to say that every time I watch Casablanca, I think it's just a perfect film.


  5. Audrey seems very popular and I can see why - a very strong woman.

    Loved your answers - thanx for sharing :)


  6. Yes, I love her too! What a natural beauty.

    I also love Claudette Colbert - fave movie "It happened One Night." Clark Gable was dreamy...


  7. She's on of my faves, too!

    And on a completely different note, and maybe a little younger - I love Doris Day!


Post a Comment