Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, October 25, 2010:
Win a copy of "Simply Irresistible" by Jill Shalvis
Maddie Moore's whole life needs a makeover.

In one fell swoop, Maddie loses her boyfriend (her decision) and her job (so "not "her decision). But rather than drowning her sorrows in bags of potato chips, Maddie leaves L.A. to claim the inheritance left by her free-spirited mother-a ramshackle inn nestled in the little coastal town of Lucky Harbor, Washington.

Starting over won't be easy. Yet Maddie sees the potential for a new home and a new career-if only she can convince her two half-sisters to join her in the adventure. But convincing Tara and Chloe will be difficult because the inn needs a big makeover too.

The contractor Maddie hires is a tall, dark-haired hottie whose eyes-and mouth-are making it hard for her to remember that she's sworn off men. Even harder will be Maddie's struggles to overcome the past, though she's about to discover that there's no better place to call home than Lucky Harbor.

I loved Jill's book so much (quite possibly my favorite JS book to date), I decided that some lucky reader who hasn't read it yet should get the opportunity to do so.

Just answer my question no later than noon CST on Sunday, October 31st, and you are entered to win. It's just that simple! Open to anyone who can receive mail :)


What are your favorite hero names?


Good luck!

Labels: ,

25 Comments

  1. OOh! I would love to read this book. Thank you so much! My favorite hero name is Robbie. Two of my most favorite books had male characters with this name.

    mishamary@gmail.com


  2. My hero at the moment is Caleb from Crimon Moon by J.A. Saare!
    Please enter me and thanks for the giveaway!

    lucybeugelingramos@gmail.com


  3. One of my favorite hero names is Zack.

    Thanks!


  4. My favorite are :

    Alex
    Liam
    Zack
    Cody
    Caleb
    Jacob
    Edward


    raluk.93 at gmail (dot) com


  5. Oh, definitely names starting with D... Like Damien, Dane, Damon, Derek, Declan...


  6. I would love to win, it looks so cute :D

    Fav names, I actually don't have any fav ones, well except for Connor, mmm

    blodeuedd1 at gmail dot com


  7. HHmmm, I love Daemon, Tristan, Quinn, Dageus...I love celtic names *sigh*


  8. I like names that sound Irish

    Like Conner or Aiden or anything along those lines.

    I also like Dean, Logan, Jackson, ummm I dunno so many more I"m sure... but I'm partial to those Celtic-ish names!


  9. OoooO I was just telling Kc that I realy need to read this book. My fav hero name-Daemon. I LOVE that name. Saying it giets me all hot and bothered. lol


  10. Some of my favorite hero names are Jacob, Lucas, Gabriel, Zachary and Matthew. Thanks for hosting such a great giveaway. (Email in profile.)


  11. My favorite is Trace


  12. my favorite hero name is Alexandr :)

    inale87 at gmx dot at


  13. I like the names Chance, Jackson, Rogan, Seth.


  14. I've always liked Zane, Aidan & Mick.

    spav05(at)gmail(dot)com


  15. my favorite hero names are Michael, Erik, Conal, and Liam.
    I'm looking forward to reading Simply Irresistible, it sounds like a wonderful book.

    Barbed1951(at)aol(dot)com


  16. Thank you Stacy (as I know what the postage down to here costs :)

    Hmmm. I was just telling a friend this morning that my favourite hero's name is Carrick. It's from Amy Lane's Keeping Promise Rock (m/m romance). And it's a doozy of a story - so emotional. One of my favourite reads this year!


  17. Let's see:

    Zane
    Luc
    Lucian
    Steve
    Logan
    Aiden


  18. As long as it is easy to pronounce, I'm usually happy with it, but I like Connor, Luke, Nick, Quinn, Liam - I guess I like the British/Irish/Scottish type names.

    jen at delux dot com


  19. I have been reading too many historicals, so names like Sebastian are right at the top of the list for me.


  20. I would have to say that my favorite hero names are Percy, Beowolf, and Jason. Please enter me in the contest.


  21. I forgot my email is zhampshire2@woh.rr.com


  22. I'm not picky with names, but my favs would be Jamie, Connor, Simon and Anthony.
    Thanks for the contest!


  23. This book looks great! I'm going to pick up a copy myself if I don't win.

    I think I'll have to agree with many of the previous commenters and say I love Irish/Scottish/British hero names, especially those with multiple syllables and "i"s: Liam, Tristan, Alistair.

    email address: larrieu (dot) aj (at) gmail (dot) com


  24. I can't be objective, if I love the character, then I love his name. Ergo, Ranger and Jamie. Though Ranger is a street name (it's better than his real name, Carlos) this badass man in black is often the star of my fantasies. And whenever I hear the name Jamie it calls up panty melting images of my fav Scotsman! Thanks Stacy! ~Rach


  25. Sounds like another great read from Jill. Thanks for offering this book as a giveaway. Would love the chance to read this book as it is currently on my wishlist.

    Some of my favourite hero's names are Quinn, Zack, Ty, Todd, Ryder, Mac and Cody to name a few.


Post a Comment