Today my mind is drawing a total blank, and I can't focus on a blog topic, so I'll just share the thoughts on my mind...
- Is it just me, or does anyone else love going to 7-11 (or another service station) and getting a large do-it-yourself coffee? I'm 1/2 regular coffee, 1/4 french vanilla cappuccino, 1/4 hot chocolate, add a little vanilla syrup and some marshmellows, and voila, instant yumminess for about $1.85.
- Is it just me or are other readers sick of reading erotic romance whether either the heroine or the hero (or sometimes even both) have suffered at the hands of someone (a parent, former lover, whatever) that makes them so closed-off and so emotionally stunted that the only thing they can do is have raunchy, dirty sex with either multiple partners, or someone watching, and this prevents them from getting emotionally close to anyone. I'm just so tired of the "poor me" characters in books these days. Get over it! There are lots of people who've suffered through worse and don't whine even half as much. Believe me, it's so not sexy.
- Is it just me or does anyone else figure if all the spam emails were real and yes that hot guy does have a crush on you and yes you will be getting a portion of a $300 million foreign lottery we'd all be happy in love and living it up on some fabulous luxurious island? (Costa Rica seems to really want me there). Does anyone ever believe those damn things? (If only...)
- Is it just me or do you also hate it when people reveal major spoilers to movies/books on their blogs, like they want to be the one who lfirst ets the cat out of the bag? I'm talking about the ones who never alert the visitor to "spoilers" but just put it all out there as part of the review with no warning whatsoever. I really hate that, especially if it's a new release and one I want to see/read. Yes of course, we all want to share the deets on something that is anticipated, but come on people, prepare the uninitiated a little, please?
- And is it just me or do people complain way too much? (Yes, I am talking about me right now). But seriously, we all need to vent from time to time. I know I do. It's normal, and acceptable. I'm talking about the constant complainers. Overall, I have a truly great life, with wonderful friends, many of them online, who share my interests and get my humor and put up with me. A family who drives me crazy but whom I love. A job I enjoy most days that allows me to buy lots of books and go on some fun vacations. 5+ weeks of vacation a year. Really good health. A car that runs (even after being in an accident) and a roof over my head. True I don't have the love of my life, and that makes me sad sometimes, but for the most part, I'm content. I can be quiet and reserved and no one can tell, but I am very happy. It's a good life.
What about you: what's on your mind?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY YOUNGEST BRO,
BRETT, WHO TURNS 31 TODAY!