Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Sunday, June 15, 2008:
And the winner is...
Photobucket
Sorry I'm so late with this. I unexpectedly ended up participating in the Chicago Cares annual Serve-athon all day Saturday, where thousands of volunteers meet at Grant Park and go to various underprivileged schools in the city to lightly clean and paint. This was my 3rd time volunteering, and it turned out to be a wonderful day. The weather was great, sunny and not too hot, and we accomplished a lot during the day. I was up at 5:30am to be downtown by 7:30 to check in, finishing before 3pm, where we then headed to the post-event celebration, and we stayed til about 5:30pm. After a Starbucks run and a trip to a great Polish deli, I got home and crashed. I was tired and sore but it was so worth it. I will definitely do this again, provided it doesn't conflict with Lori Foster's and Dianne Castell's annual event.
Today I had intended to go see "Sex & the City" with some girlfriends, but ended up in a car accident. Everyone was okay, thank God. My car suffered minor damage, though I do need to get my tail light fixed, and not much was done to the other driver's vehicle either. The other driver was actually at fault since I had the right of way, but she didn't see it that way, of course. Now it's up to the insurance company to deal with things. I know I should be more grateful, but is it wrong of me to be pissed for not being able to make it to the movie? I know, that's silly, especially since we're now going to go see in later this week anyway. I'm just selfish that way I guess. Still, I'm sending up a prayer of thanx that it wasn't worse.
Photobucket
Anyway, you didn't come here for that, you just want to find out who the winner is, right? Okay, okay *g* It's...
SARAH!
Congrats Sarah, I've left a comment at your blog. Thank you for stopping by.
Actually, thanx to all of you who stop by, whether to lurk or drive by and/or to leave comments. I love my visitors :)
And I have a signed copy of "Power of Love" to give away before the end of the month, signed by all the authors except Rosemary Laurey, Erin McCarthy and Karen Kelley. So don't touch that dial!

Labels: ,

9 Comments

  1. I'm glad all of you are unharmed. Congrats, Sarah!


  2. I'm so glad you're OK, sweetie!

    Don't worry about the movie, you'll see it soon.


  3. In Virginia, if you wind up being rear-ended, you are NOT at fault. The other person winds up with a "failure to yield the right of way" charge. Here's hoping the insurance company sees it that was as well.

    You'll get to the movie before you know it! :o)


  4. Oh, geeze, I forgot to tell you I'm glad you're not hurt.

    :eye roll: at Rach's stupidity...


  5. Congrats to Sarah.

    So sorry about your accident, Stacy! Gald you're okay. Sorry you missed the movie too ;)


  6. Stacy sending you lots of hugs. Sorry you were in a wreck. Glad you all were ok.


  7. Thank you all for your kind words. Everything will be fine :)


  8. So glad you're okay, Stacy :(


  9. Chicago Cares is such a great organization. I voluteered with them a few times in the past. Now that summer vacation has begun, I really should contact them again. Thanks for the reminder!


Post a Comment