Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Tuesday, June 10, 2008:
"Through the Veil" - win a signed copy
Photobucket
I've returned, safe and sound, and plan on writing up a recap to post later this week, but right now, I thought I'd start things off with a contest. I got to get quite a few lovely books this weekend, and even got them signed.
One of them, Shiloh Walker's "Through the Veil", is up for grabs. I had her sign my own copy, and also another for one lucky winner.
I love Shiloh - her writing really works for me and she totally cracks me up. She's both funny and sweet (though she'll growl at the "sweet" part). And she was such a trooper, despite being viciously attacked by Bad Barb (okay, it was actually an accident because Barb is not really as bad as she'd like us to believe, but there was coffee and a ruined nametag involved. Thankfully, Shi survived the incident, with her humor much intact).
If you're interesting in entering the contest, all you have to do is tell me your favorite kind of paranormal character - be it witch, or vampire, or ghost, or whatever. The drawing for the winner will be Saturday, June 14th, around noon-ish CST.
Good luck!

Labels: ,

19 Comments

  1. I love Shiloh's books. I read the excerpt to this one and it sounds great. Vamps are my fave paranormal creatures.


  2. Shi is great. You can never go wrong with one of her books. My favorite paranormal has to be a vamp. I'm still mourning the cancellation of Moonlight.


  3. *head...desk*

    I am NOT sweet....


  4. welcome back!! you have to tell us about it after you rest up.
    My favorite paranormal creature is the werewolf or shape-shifter. They are so elemental and primal, i love it. Very Alpha.


  5. I am going to have to say ghost--cuz a couple of the best kids books I ever read had ghosts in 'em.


  6. I love witches! Chanting out a spell is always cool!!


  7. How nice of you Stacy. I love Shiloh's stories, too, and can't wait to read this book.

    My favorite paranormal creatures are any kind of shapeshifter.


  8. Well I have to say that I love Vampires, Werewolves and Shapeshifters. But my favorite is really Vampires and it is most popular when your looking for paranormal romance novels.


  9. My favorite would be vamps. I also wish they hadn't canceled Moonlight. :(

    And Shi is gonna have a hideous headache if she doesn't stop that. :oP


  10. Back to leave my email-- in case--

    karin56381(at)gmail.com


  11. I've never read a Shiloh Walker book. I always look at them but never bought one. I hear she's wonderful. As far as my favorite paranormals, I like vampires because people have so many different takes on them so it's never the same thing from one author to another.


  12. I've heard of Shiloh Walker but I've never had the pleasure of reading any of her books. I haven't seen any of her print books at any of my local bookstores but I'm hoping I won't have to.


  13. I am so glad you had a great time and jealous too!!

    I am a vamp/shapeshitfter/witch lover myself.

    I just finished the new LKH, and since it was soooo hot outside, I just couldn't do anything but read all weekend. snigger

    Shiloh- I would rather be called Sweet than Perky which is what one of my managers says I am. So not perky. Can someone almost 50 be perky??????


  14. Waving like crazy***Hi Stacy!!
    Great blog about the EVENT!! I really wish I could have made it! I did send 2 jewelry baskets**LOL

    About your ??. Let me first say Shiloh is a *new to me author* I really want to win!! LOL
    But I can't choose who and what I like better. Can I say I love ALL things paranormal??? Hope so cause that's my story and I'm stickin to it!!
    Big Hugs
    Tara


  15. I love just about anything paranormal. For me when romance started leaning towards paranormal, it was a lucky find for me. Before that I was mostly in the Fantasy section in the book store. So definately shape shifters. :)


  16. I like vampires and witches. But New ideas of new creatures are really interesting ;-)


  17. I love reading Shiloh's books too. Big paranormal fan here. I'd have to say vamps are my fave.


  18. This sounds like a great summer read! My fav paranormal would be ghosts......so scary.


  19. Yikes, hope I'm still in time to enter. My favorite paranormal creature is dragons.


Post a Comment