Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Friday, April 18, 2008:
Marcus
Photobucket


Many of you may have no idea who "Marcus" is, but to the company I work for and many others who are familiar with the StrengthsFinder concept, Marcus Buckingham is the face of the Gallup University. Good-looking, charismatic, with a lovely British accent, he founded the StrengthsFinders concept, which deals with find one's top strengths and focuses on cultivating these strengths rather than zeroeing on a person's weaknesses. It's actually kinda fun, though I know there are many variations of this same thing going on. Still, Marcus is pretty persuasive.

Personally I have not met Mr. Buckingham of the beautiful blue eyes and sincere smile, but I have been to the Gallup University in Omaha, Nebraska, and it was absolutely amazing to see so many people happy in their current job. They truly took pride in what they did, everyone from the cashiers in the cafeteria to the teachers and coaches. It made a huge difference to how I personally related to them and what I got out of the exchange. It was a remarkable and fun experience, and I would love to work for such a company one day.

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is that Marcus will be on Oprah Friday, April 18th, so don't forget to TiVo his appearance. I think it will definitely be an episode worth watching, if for no other reason than Marcus is easy on the eyes and his accent is divine. Happy Friday!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments

  1. Oh yeah he's easy on the eyes. I'll try and watch it!


  2. I heard about him just in the last week. I had no idea he was such a looker, though!


Post a Comment