Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, February 25, 2008:
Richard in "The Vicar of Dibley"
Photobucket


I had this in my Netflix, and watched both parts over the weekend: The Holy Wholly Happy Ending (2006) which is comprised of "The Handsome Stranger" and "The Vicar in White". Now I've never been much of a fan of British humor (maybe it's over my head), but I must say I loved this 2-part series finale, especially the fantasy montage where Geraldine (Dawn French) sings "It Shoulda Been Me". OMG, hilarious! I'm almost tempted to watch all the seasons, but I think there are about 10 of them, so maybe not. However I do have a new appreciation for this type of comedy. So while I might have originally watched it because of Richard, he was not the only highlight.


Ever been pleasantly surprised by a movie/t.v. show you thought

you wouldn't like?

Labels: ,

11 Comments

  1. I loved this. I watched it a while ago after seeing N&S and reviewed it on my blog. I usually don't care for british humor but this thing just had me rolling. It was really great.


  2. I watched this (several times now) because of Richard's presence and I do agree. It's a terribly funny show. I was giggling like a baby. *g* Oh and Richard...just too precious for words, isn't he? That scene where he goes all accountant with his glasses counting up kisses in his ledger book. *thud*


  3. Kissing with tongues!!
    Such a funny and adorable show. Richard's smiles is just too cute for words.


  4. I can not possibly count how many times I have watched these two episodes! So funny, and I agree about the whole Should have been me song!

    I used to occasionally watch the show but not with any regularity.


  5. This is the second blog I've been to today about the Vicar of Dibley. So that does it.....I'm getting this series on DVD!!!! Especially now that I know Richard is in!!


  6. I love the Vicar of Dibley, it cracks me up.


  7. I watched this and I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. I want to eventually watch the whole series.


  8. Isn't this one great!! Richard is SO adorable in it - such a contract from John Thornton and Guy of Gisbourne. And what a hoot Dawn French is.
    As to TV shows and or movies I liked when I thought I wouldn't
    TV - Blood Ties. I don't read vampire books for the most part, but I LOVED the television show. Of course then it had to go and get cancelled.
    Movies - Waterworld with Kevin Costner comes to mind first of all. It was ravaged by critics but I thought it was pretty good


  9. D'oh - I meant contrast not contract


  10. I watched it again last night before returning it to Netflix. Loved it even more. He's just so adorable in these two episodes.


  11. Not get British humor? We're not all Monty Python you know :) I love anything Dawn French does, and her husband Lenny Henry. Hers is a nice gentle humor that translates very well to the US, as opposed to her old comedy partner Jennifer Saunders (Absolutely Fabulous) who I think many (foreign) people just don't get. It's like watching the UK and US versions of THE OFFICE. Same concept, but because of the culture differences they have a different brand of humor.

    Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about LOL.


Post a Comment