Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Tuesday, July 17, 2007:
Only in my dreams....
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Have you ever had a recurring dream? Maybe not one that's exactly the same all the time, but one that has a common theme, like you're flying, or you're naked, or you're being chased? Those seem to be pretty common dreams, from what I've read, and the only one I remember having is one where I was flying - not in a plane or a car, but just on my own power. Pretty cool dream, and I've always wanted to fly :)
Yet the only kind of dream I've ever had on any regular basis is one about planes crashing. This has been on-going since way before 9/11, actually back to when I first started working for an airline about 10 years prior. Some of the dreams were tragic, while others were more magical and some even rather strange. I once dreamt I was on a huge plane that crashed into the water but instead of it ending it everyone's death, the plane floated, like a gigantic innertube. It was rather wild, and reminded me a bit of the movie "The Abyss". In other dreams, the planes (jumbo jets) do amazing things that they can't do in real life, like twirl and dive and all kinds of crazy stuff like something out of a cartoon. It's like something out of a science fiction movie with a bit of magic thrown in.


Not being one to read too much into them because there's never a definitive answer to these kinds of things, nevertheless I've been curious to learn what they could mean, andso this is what these types of dream(s) mean, according to Dream Moods :

Airplane Crash: To dream that a plane crashes, suggests that you have set overly high and unrealistic goals for yourself. Your goals may be too high and are impossible to realize. You are in danger of having it come crashing down. Alternatively, your lack of confidence, self-defeating attitude and self-doubt toward the goals you have set for yourself is represented by the crashing airplane; you do not believe in your ability to attain those goals. Loss of power and uncertainty in achieving your goals are also signified.

Well. Now that's rather "smack me upside the head, stop feeling sorry for yourself" logic, isn't it? I'm trying to think of what kind(s) of goals I've set myself up for that would make me have dreams like this, and I can't really think of anything that sticks out. Could I have goals I don't even realize I'm trying to achieve? I find that rather funny because I am the least ambitious person I know, so I can't imagine what I've set myself out to accomplish.

Do you have recurring dreams?

Do you believe in dream interpretations?

What's the strangest dream you've ever had?



Labels: ,

6 Comments

  1. I used to have a reoccurring one when i was a kid that there was someone chasing me around my elementary school.
    I believe in some dream interpretations. Others are just your brain processing things that are going on in your life at the time. Sometimes a rose is just a rose and not symbolic of anything.


  2. I used to have a recurring dream of a huge tidal wave (I grew up by the beach). I do believe in dream interpretation to an extent. But like Kris said, sometimes a dream is just a dream.

    As far as strangest dreams, that's a tough one. I dream crazy things all the time. LOL


  3. I've had quite a few reoccuring dreams. It's all to do with your subconcious. Oh and I HATE planes. LOL.


  4. I used to dream that I couldn't remember my locker combination and I was on my last tardy. The odd thing is that I never started having this dream until I was well out of high school.

    Dream interpretation? Not sure, although I never rule anything out so I will say undecided on this.

    Strangest dream - Right after I got married I would dream that I had sex with Every. Single. Guy. that I came in contact with! I never dreamed like that before I got married. The dreams only lasted for about 6 months, but dude, that was a weird 6 months!!


  5. I've had some really strange dreams over the years, but most of them aren't recurring. I haven't had a recurring dream (that I remember anyway) since I was a child. I used to have a few recurring dreams then (getting lost, falling, being surrounded by snakes).

    I think we can learn from our dreams, but I'm not sure about the generalization of dream interpretation. It does intrigue me though.


  6. LOL Stacy~ I'm not convinced by dream interpretation!

    The weirdest one I ever had was being chased by gorillas around my parents' house in Shropshire. And I had a dinosaur nightmare the other night that woke me up terrified in the middle of the night. Must be channeling my son :)


Post a Comment