Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Saturday, May 27, 2006:
Food, food, food!
I ate at a new-to-me restaurant last night, and just had a good time with a friend. I hadn't been out in ages, between work and all the fun little adventures life brings, and I really needed an evening out to just laugh and drink and enjoy some music. So me and my friend Nancy went to Cheeseburger in Paradise, which sounds pretty darn good to me. We had some yummy mojitos, which we downed like water because they didn't seem to have a lot of alcohol in them, but they were sneaky little devils. I had the St. Bart's Citrus Chicken and Nancy went for the shrimp po' boy sandwich, followed by some yummy chocolate nachos topped with hot fudge, strawberries, and Ben & Jerry's ice cream. (I highly recommend trying those if you've never had them - they are wonderful!) Add that to the conversation about movies, work, weekend plans and lots of hotties, and it was quite an enjoyable evening. Plus there was a live band that sounded great, and fortunately played a lot of different kinds of music, from the Beattles to John Mellencamp. The atmosphere was somewhat tropical, with colored lights to brighten the mid-sized room as it got dark, and there was definitely palm trees and boats and umbrellas to set the tone. It was a nice place, but I think since it's a chain and not a stand-alone, I would describe it more as fast-food carribbean, and I mean that in the nicest possible way.

Currently, my favorite restaurant is The Cheesecake Factory, for several reasons. Their Madeira chicken is to die for, the Godiva Chocolate martinis potent and irresistible, and the cheesecake speaks for itself. From their appetizers (try the Thai wraps) to the main course, I have never had a bad experience - it's all good. I've gone there many times for after-work parties or just out with friends, and had a great time on all those occasions.

A great date restaurant is The Melting Pot, which is all about the fondue. You can go there for a work function or with friends, but I think it goes best with a date. The atmosphere is all about intimacy - sharing a somewhat private booth, with limited interruptions from the staff, and being able to enjoy each other's company gives your the perfect opportunity to talk, wallow in the luscious food and fondue, and focus entirely on each other. Very romantic :) I'll admit that it is a bit pricey, but everything was exceptionally wonderful, and I have no complaints about the experience. Well worth every penny.

So, what's your favorite food and/or restaurant? Any reason that makes it so special?

5 Comments

  1. Two of my favorite places here in Calgary, is the Olive Garden for its Italian food which I find to be terrific and the Red Lobster for its shrimps and lobster. I love the way they present it all. The atmosphere in both places are good for family get togethers, work related functions or just quiet dining with a friend.


  2. My husband and I just went to The St. Paul Grill, inside The St. Paul Hotel. Very pricey and well worth every single penny. Not only did the steak melt in our mouths but they serve hash browns (sounds funny for a fancy schmancy place, trust me)that are so good--I could have just had wine and hashbrowns.

    And the bread. Well, and the steak too. And the garlic mashed potatoes.

    The service was wonderful too.


  3. Hi, Stacy. Nachos dipped in fudge? That sounds a little...icky. I love nachos and I love fudge. I just can't see putting the two together. Although those mojitos sounded good. *g*

    I have simple tastes. Ok, not McDonalds simple but give me a steak, steamed veggies and margarita at Lone Star and I'll be your friend for life. I also like the atmosphere. They are a country-western-down-on-the-farm type. After a couple of margaritas, you will feel like doing the two step. Not that I know personally...really. *g*


  4. my favorite restaurant is Macaroni Grill. I love the food and the bread is to die for. and at two of the ones that I have been to they had singer s o nthe weekends that walk around singing Italian art songs.


  5. Thanx everyone for your picks. I'm enjoying reading about these.

    Cryna, I love the Olive Garden & Red Lobster. Great food and not overly expensive. Simple stuff - I'm a true midwest girl.

    Amy, as a former MN girl, I really enjoy hearing about restaurants from the Twin Cities. Never been to that restaurant, but it sounds good.

    LOL Julie. Believe me, the nachos were sweet, not salty, and it was a yummy treat, I promise. And I love steak - there's a Lone Star not too far from where I live.

    Kris I've never been to the Macaroni Grill but I've heard great things about it. Thanx for the suggestion :)


Post a Comment