Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, November 03, 2010:
What I'm watching: Castle (season 1)
From Booksamillion.com: Rick Castle (Nathan Fillion) is a smooth talker, a quick wit, and a great crime novelist. Possibly even too great: all around the city, bodies are dropping in exactly the ways he described in his latest book. Now, in order to stop the serial killer he inadvertently inspired, he’ll have to put his famous imagination to work for the NYPD--specifically detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic), a tough investigator who doesn’t suffer fools. Loved by audiences for its smart, snappy exchanges and clever characters, CASTLE follows the unlikely pair as they try to catch their crook (and somehow keep from killing one another). This collection includes every episode from the show’s first season, as well as a behind-the-scenes roundtable with the creators.

Once again, I am under the influence of my Twitter pals, many of whom rave about this show called Castle. Now I am no stranger to Nathan Fillion, remembering him from the days I watched soaps and he was on OLTL, to when he played Sharon's boyfriend on Two Guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place, and of course to his memorable performance as Malcome Reynolds on one of my all-time favorite shows, Firefly. So now I'm jumping on the Castle bandwagon, and so far, I'm enjoying the ride.


What I like:

  • Nathan, of course. He's extremely charismatic, and though his rough-looking face makes him looks like he lives Charlie Sheen's life, it looks rather comfortable on him, and he can carry it off, much better than Mr. Sheen himself, that's for sure. I love his devilishness and his self-awareness; the guy knows he's attractive and gets away with all kinds of crap because of it. But he's so charming, who the hell cares?

  • Stana Katic, who plays Kate Beckett, the female cop. Total girl crushing on her and not afraid to admit it. She incredibly beautiful, but likeable because she doesn't stick her boobs out and pout like a sex kitten, but she's got that sexy walk, and a confidence I'd kill for.

  • Alexis, Castle's daughter on the show. She's more cute than pretty, with gorgeous hair, but I love how she's not your typical sullen, irritating teen. She's smart, responsible, well-adjusted, and her and her dad have an amazing close relationship. He brings out the kid in her, and she brings out the protective dad in him. Love it. Makes me adore Nathan, er, Castle, even more.

What I don't like:


  • So far, just the theme music. That whistling has officially gotten on my nerves by the 5th episode. And there's a hint of Dexter in it, which always throws me off.

So tell me: have you gotten your Castle on?

Labels:

7 Comments

  1. Well, seeing as how we are twitter peeps, you already know that I ADORE this show. Love love love it! Get used to the whistling, b/c it's still there. And thanks b/c now it's in my head! Nathan is a cutie...and I love Beckett. Shes a strong woman but every once in awhile you see a bit of her vulnerable side.


  2. I just adore this show. I have grown to love the theme song! The things you mentioned are what I love about it as well. Plus, I like the two side detectives whose names I always forget.


  3. Oh, yeah! Love me some Castle!


  4. I love love love this show!


  5. I love me some Castle!!! Need to start buying the seasons for my collection.


  6. It is screening here ATM, but..I haven't watched it yet (although I too have fond Firefly memories :)

    I've just discovered Queer As Folk and have just finished watching the first season. I so hope I can source Season 2!


  7. Very creative poost


Post a Comment