Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Friday, March 13, 2009:
What if it were your husband?
Photobucket

I saw this brief article about legendary performer Tom Jones, and though it doesn't reveal much, it sure did make me think what it must be like to be the wife of such a famous ladies' man. Not really following his career, I don't know when he became well-known. The 60's? 70's? They would have been married by then. So, did she marry him before he became famous? If so, then I can't imagine "allowing" your husband to be with other women just because now he's become an incredibly popular singer, especially with women, and he's touring all over the world. And if they married after he was already famous, do you figure that she knew what she was getting into and that it was just part of the deal? I just cannot imagine being in love with someone and thinking that it was okay that as long as you don't know about it, to let him do whatever he wants to with other women.

And can you believe they've been married 52 years??? That's just amazing to me.

So do you think being the spouse of someone famous should
have to put up with him messing around, that it just goes with
the territory?
What if YOU were married to someone famous -
how would you feel about your man being
constantly hit on by other women?

Labels: ,

7 Comments

  1. Wow! My parents have been married 52 years (this past weekend, as a matter of fact). I cannot imagine!

    As far as being married to a celeb goes, no thank you! I'm too private. The thought of dealing with paparazzi and all that junk gives me hives. And letting hubby cheat because he's famous? Um...NO. I don't share. ;-)


  2. Imagine all the underwear Tom Jones wife must have collected through the years! LOL


  3. If I'm not mistaken, Tom and his wife got married when they were 17 years old, and way before he was famous. I think they've always had the "arrangement" that he could do what he wanted on tour as long as she didn't see it/hear about it, and he kept sending the money home to her. Guess it works for them, although it sure wouldn't work for me!


  4. WOW, that's amazing!! 52 Years!!

    To tell you the truth, I'm territorial as it is. My husband isn't famous but women do hit on him. It's human nature, but it does bring out my possessive side.

    On the flip, he's the same when it comes to me.

    I guess we're perfect for each other, lol.

    So, if you're asking if I could handle my husband being famous the answer would be no. Is it my own insecurities? Possibly. But I know myself and I doubt I'd be able to tolerate it.


  5. It may work for others but not for me.


  6. I don't care if you are famous or the guy next door, it's wrong to cheat on your spouse. I'm too private a person to want to be with someone who is famous. I like my privacy way too much.


  7. First off - I wouldn't want to be married to anyone who was famous *g* But if I were - I wouldn't be for long because the first time I found out about any cheating - he would be hitting that curb. Cheating is a deal breaker for me.


Post a Comment