Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Saturday, January 03, 2009:
Helping someone in need: reaching out in the romance community
I believe the romance community is an incredibly giving and generous group of individuals who come together and support each other when things become to much to bear. This situation is one of those times. This information was passed along to me, asking for me to do no more than spread the word, which is why I'm posting at my blog.
During these difficult financial times, we all have to decide how we can help, or even if we can. I truly believe though, that by helping others, it comes back to us many times over. Personally, I've read "The Object of Love" by Sharon, and I also know she lives in the same state I do, so that means something to me - it literally brings it home, to my backyard. It's not somewhere in another country where I can turn a blind eye. It's here.
So what if I don't buy 1, 2, or 5 books this year if it means I can do a little something for someone who needs it. That's a tiny sacrifice I can make. Maybe others cannot afford to, and if that's the case, I completely understand, and wouldn't expect someone to put their own self in a bad situation. Maybe they could pass the word on to someone who can.
*******

From Karen Scott's blog:

Sharon Cullars, the author of "Again" and "The Object of Love" needs our help. Since losing her job, she has been unable to find another. As a result, Sharon is about to lose her home to foreclosure.

Any donation you can make to help out will be greatly appreciated. You can make a contribution via PayPal by stopping at CHIP IN: SHARON CULLARS.

If you’re not familiar with Sharon and would like to learn more about her and her work, you can visit her web site (Sharon Cullars) and blog (Sharon’s Muse).

It would be great if you guys could help spread the word, so please feel free to copy and paste this info onto your blog.


Labels: ,

0 Comments

Post a Comment