Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Sunday, October 05, 2008:
A winner & an update
Thank you, everyone, for stopping by. The winner of the BAFAB contest is...

Barbara!
Barb, I have your addy, so I will be attempting to get your book selection out to you this week :)

Ad Kristie my dear, we can do this one of two ways - I can either get you a gift card (never converted from U.S. Dollars to Canadian) or I can buy the book & send it to you. You let me know your preference. You can email me or leave a comment here.
Update on "friend" situation: Well, I met Mike for a quick bite to eat Friday night. Originally it was going to be Applebee's but then asked if Chipotle would be okay, so we went there instead. At first I wasn't going to bring it up, but I knew I couldn't just let it go, so finally I told him, and he just looked at me. He didn't laugh, confirm or deny, so I did feel a little stupid about the whole thing. He then asked me some questions about why my co-workers might think that, and I just told him what I knew based on what they said. He apologized for making me feel uncomfortable, though personally I don't think he was doing it on purpose. So even though I felt awkward about bringing it up, I'm actually glad I did. Now he knows, and now I feel like I can feel comfortable around him again. Whew, sigh of relief.
Thinking about this over the weekend, I realize that this is not the first time people have made comments about him liking me. About 5-6 years ago, one of my co-workers used to say the same thing, but I always blew it off because he was different back then, more of a smartass and more prone to joking around about stuff so I never thought anything of it. Regardless, I'm going to move on and hopefully he won't be the one feeling weird now. Thanx to everyone who put up with my little drama. I've learned it really is better to talk about stuff than to avoid it. So if nothing else, I did get something out of it.

Labels: ,

6 Comments

  1. Stacy: (that funny word to type again N'itts awwww) do you have an email addy (well of course you would - silly question - but if you want to send me one jenner2atrogersdotcom, we can figure it out :) 'cause I wanted to email you too *big Wink*


  2. Even if he didn't confirm or deny, I'm so glad you talked to him. Good for you!


  3. I'm so glad you're feeling better about the situation. Communication is sooooo hard sometimes but always the best thing in the end. :)


  4. Glad that you talked to him about the situation. Cleared the air and even though he did not deny or confirm - he knows where you stand. Kudos for bringing it up and dealing with it.


  5. wtg barbara


  6. Yea me. Haven't had the chance to blog hop this week so this is a great surprise. Thanks Stacy. You made my week.

    Glad you got the friend situation all cleared up.


Post a Comment