Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, September 29, 2008:
Theme: enemies to lovers
Photobucket

Paperback: 209 pages
Publisher: Ellora's Cave (January 30, 2005)
ISBN-10: 1419950096
ISBN-13: 978-1419950094
I had done a quickie review of this one some time ago, and it remains a favorite when I think of another theme I thorougly enjoy: enemies to lovers. Whether it's feuding families, blue collar vs. well to-do, or competing for a coveted job, these passionate heroes and heroines just cannot stand each other. They might initially hate each other on sight, yet can't seem to keep their hands off of each other. Eventually all that pent-up passion explodes into something wild, and while they're busy indulging their hottest fantasies, somewhere along the line they can't help but fall in love with each other, right or wrong. Gives me shivers just thinking about it.
These stories are generally rather hot, or at the very least filled with sizzling sexual tension that keeps you turning the pages, longing for more. They might be a little forbidden, a whole lot naughty, and all around good fun. The characters just can't help themselves, no matter how hard they try to keep away. But no other person makes them feel so alive, so vibrant, so challenged. It's no wonder that such feelings often lead to love. And as a reader, I'm having a ball watching them fight it every step of the way.
Do you like enemies who become lovers?
What are some of your favorite stories with this theme?

Labels:

3 Comments

  1. The book I'm working on right now is this theme. It's fun to write! I like reading them too.


  2. I don't think I have a like/dislike of it but I seem to be drawn to this type of book. I'll have to check this one out.


  3. If done right, I love this theme. The author has to make sure to show how their feelings change, though. I have read too many books where they go from pure hatred to forever-love in the blink of an eye. In that case I want to throw the book against the wall. I will have to check out this book. You give such good recs :)


Post a Comment