Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, June 18, 2008:
Whatcha readin'?
Photobucket
I've noticed I haven't posted many book reviews lately. I'm not sure why, other than nothing has really inspired me enough to put it into words. I've read "Lover Enshrined" and felt I said everything that needed to be said at other people's blogs. I have nothing else to add. Parts were good, other parts sucked, and yet others had definite potential. I haven't given up on it completely, but I just don't feel that excitement like I did for books #1, 2, 3 and even 4 and still 5.
Right now I'm in the middle of Sarah McCarty's "Caine's Reckoning", and oooh doggy, is Caine a true alpha hero or what? I think if I knew him in RL, I'd either smack him or seriously want to jump him. Bring on the a/c and the ice water, this guy is smokin'. And I'm loving how gentle and firm he's being with Desi. She is one lucky woman. Now that I think about it, I really need to get back to it, like now.
What about the rest of you, what's got you glued to the pages, and why?
Rec, or pass on it?

Labels:

9 Comments

  1. Mmmm, I LOVE this book. I'm a totaly Sarah McCarty fan now. I do love Caine. It's such a fun story and it sets up what I think is going to be a dandy series. I'm in the process right now of begging for Sam's Creed, the next in the series so I can review it. :wink:

    I'm glad you're enjoying this book. I really, really loved it.


  2. I'm with you on LE. Not reading anything right now. Instead I'm in the midst of home improvement Hell. I painted two, count 'em, TWO rooms last night and my body is now SCREAMING at me. :sigh:

    If I come across something good to read I'll let you know. :o)


  3. I haven't read a JRW book yet ~ I keep thinking I might, but others get in my way. I've been reading a lot lately. Currently, I'm halfway through Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie. The last 4 or 5 weeks I've read lately have been awesome, so hopefully my reading streak will continue.


  4. Giddy Up!! :D
    Hidden by Eve Kenin is great! Kristie and I just posted our review.


  5. Read LE. Liked it but didn't really feel it was a romance. Plus some other stuff about it bugged me too.

    I really want to read Sarah McCarty. This book looks HOT!


  6. I loved that book. I was glued to it as well. I am re-reading Patricia Briggs Mercy series and just finished Elizabeth Lowell's newest.


  7. Just finished Lawless by Nora Roberts and need to finish Extreme Danger by Shannon McKenna. Not sure what to pick up next. Perhaps I'll read Hot by Julia Harper (aka. Elizabeth Hoyt.)


  8. Kati, it's getting better and better. I just wish I had more time to sit down and actually read it.

    Rach, wow, 2 rooms is a lot. There's so much prep work, and by the time that's all done, I'm exhausted.

    Dev, I admit, I've read 2 or 3 JC books and while they're funny, I feel like the characters are all the same, and I get confused LOL. I do think I want to get "Breathless" after your review.

    Kate, I have yet to pick up Eve Kenin. So many authors, too many books, etc.

    Kelley, I hear ya. And yeah, Sarah's book is very hot. I recommend it ;)

    Kris, I'm thinking about Moon Called. Damn, look how easy it is to add to the tbr pile...

    Shannon, I'll be curious to know what you think of Julia Harper (Elizabeth Hoyt)


  9. I loved Raven Prince, so I am hopeful. I know some authors have a difficult time making the crossover from one subgenre to another. I'll be interested to see how she does.


Post a Comment