Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Saturday, October 27, 2007:
Don't this look good?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
In an adaptation of the best-selling Cecelia Ahern novel , Holly Kennedy (Hilary Swank) is beautiful, smart, and married to the love of her life-a passionate, funny and impetuous Irishman named Gerry (Gerard Butler). So when Gerry's life is taken by an illness, it takes the life out of Holly. The only one who can help her is the person who is no longer there. Nobody knows Holly better than Gerry. So it's a good thing he planned ahead. Before he died, Gerry wrote Holly a series of letters that will guide her, not only through her grief but in rediscovering herself. The first message arrives on Holly's 30th birthday in the form of a cake and, to her utter shock, a tape recording from Gerry, who proceeds to order her to get out and "celebrate herself." In the weeks and months that follow, more letters from Gerry are delivered in surprising ways, each sending her on a new adventure and each signing off in the same way: P.S. I Love You. Holly's mother (Kathy Bates) and best friends, Sharon (Gina Gershon) and Denise (Lisa Kudrow), begin to worry that Gerry's letters are keeping Holly tied to the past, but, in fact, each letter is pushing her further into a new future. With Gerry's words as her guide, Holly embarks on a touching, exciting and often hilarious journey of rediscovery in a story about marriage, friendship and how a love so strong can turn the finality of death into new beginning for life.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Watch the trailer here
There's just something about Gerard Butler, don't you think?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments

  1. There is definitely something about Gerard Butler! I haven't read the book of this, but I might go and see the movie just because he is in it!


  2. I love Gerard Butler! I could take or leave Hilary, but I'd see it for Gerard. I want to read the book first, though.


  3. The movie trailer looks great. Don't bother reading the book.
    Captains Wife


  4. I wanted to read the book becuas eof who the author is, but will probably just watch the movie now--I mean Gerry? Come on ? :D


  5. oops--replay..

    I wanted to read the book *because of* who the author is, but will probably just watch the movie now--I mean Gerry? Come on ? :D


  6. Marg, you are one smart cookie, and I totally agree with you - I might read the book, but I'll DEFINITELY see the movie!

    Dev, yep, me too. I could listen to him recite the stock report and not get bored.

    Captain's wife, that's for stopping by. I won't tell you how many times I watched the trailer LOL.

    Toni, you're right. If Gerry's in it, it's worth seeing ;)


Post a Comment