Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Saturday, July 21, 2007:
A Monkey in Heaven...
Those of you who blog understand how close you can become to an on-line friend, even one you've never met face to face. Sometimes yo meet people you connect with in a way that you never expected, and you've made friends with people who share similar interests and ideas. They become true friends, ones who support you and laugh with you and stand by you.
One of those people is Rachd, who loves to share stories about her kids, Hannah, her Monkey, and Lily, her Lil Bit. Yesterday morning I got an email from a mutual friend about Rach: she had been at the beach with her two young daughters, when five-year-old Hannah, was caught in a riptide and drowned. Oh my God I cried. The news hit me so hard, though I had never met Rach in person, because she is a Bella, one of our sisters, and she has shared stories and moments with her children from day one, so I felt like I was a part of her life. The greatest joy in her life was her family, her beautiful children, and I loved hearing her talk about them and what those little ones had been up to to make Rach smile.
Not being a mom, I cannot begin to imagine what Rach is going through, but I know she has been an inspiration to me through this difficult time, and I truly thank her for sharing her beautiful daughter's spirit and joy with us. If you'd like to personally offer condolences to Rach, she's been posting pictures and memories of her Monkey at her own blog. Normally I wouldn't post this private information, but I know Rach is okay with it, and has been taking some comfort in celebrating Hannah's life with others. She's an amazing person and an incredible inspiration.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Turns out Hannah adored lilies, and other flowers, and this picture is a small tribute to an incredible little girl. Rach and her husband Brien have decided to donate Hannah's organs. As a donor myself, I hope you all consider doing the same, and sharing this decision with your loved ones. If you're not sure, please go here for more information.
Rach, my dear friend, I am so, so sorry for your loss.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments

  1. Wow, this is one of those things where you read it and it just makes you raw. I went over to her blog and commented her...I felt I had to...I needed to.


  2. Stace - Gorgeous, gorgeous tribute. FYI, I heard from Rach last night, sounds like yesterday was a sorta OK day, with lots of kids and people and fond memories. No way is this going to be easy, but I took comfort in the idea that Rach had an "sorta OK" day yesterday.

    Thought you'd like to know.


  3. Stace, you wonderful wonderful friend. Thank you for this. Hannah would have looked at that flower and gone, "Mommy, want to see something beautiful?"


  4. OMG I don't know the blogger your talking about but I am a mom and started crying the second I read her loss. I can't imagine anything worse that could ever happen. My heart goes out to her and all my prayers.


  5. Jodi, thank you. I know it means so much to Rach to know others were touched by her daughter's life. What a remarkable family.

    MK, I appreciate you sharing about Rach. I haven't been around much this weekend and I feel terrible about that. I hope she knows how much strength she's given to me.

    Rach, hon, I can hear Hannah's voice through you. What a true angel. Thank you for taking the time to stop by. Don't hesitate to ask for anything, 'k? Hugs and prayers to you, Brien and Lily.

    Nicole, I can imagine that as a mother, this would hit especially hard. Thank you for your kind words.


  6. Oh my gosh, this is every parent's worst fear. I am so sorry for your friend's loss. I hope that she knows that we are one big family out here in bloglandm and that we will all think of her and pray for her and her family.

    Beautiful tribute.


  7. OMG that's just horrible! I just don't know what to say. :-(


  8. Stacy~

    Lovely post for you dear friend. My heart goes out to her and her family.

    Tried to leave a post at her site but of course the cyber gods prevented it. In any case she has posted some lovely tributes to her beautiful Hannah.

    Sending prayers and caring thoughts their way.


  9. This breaks my heart. I feel so bad for her loss. I can't imagine what she is going through. Beautiful tribute, Stacy.


Post a Comment