Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Friday, April 30, 2010:
Network of Strength: fighting breast cancer
This is the time of year when my company supports The Network of Strength (formerly known as the Y-Me cause). The various departments come up with fun and clever ways to collect donations. We've seen a lot of gorgeous raffle baskets (in fact Simone Elkeles donated one with her books!), jewelry, pizza, ice cream socials, bowling...all kinds of ways to participate and really have a good time with it.

Our area is having a friendly "penny war" with another department. We are only to collect pennies, and they collect the other coins. For every nickel, dime, quarter we get, we lose so many points. For every penny they get, they lose so many points. One of my coworkers is really competitive and will (playfully?) yell at anyone who donates anything other than pennies, although any donation received is welcomed and appreciated.

So I thought it might be fun, if any of you are interested, to ask for a penny. Just one. You could send more, but really even asking you to mail me one penny is asking a lot. And no one is under any obligation. I'm just curious to know how many I might collect.

And if you're interested, feel free to email me at: trelainastarblazer AT yahoo DOT com and I will send you my snail mail addy. Please be sure to put "penny donation" or something like that in the subject line.


What fun ways have you supported a good cause?


Labels:

2 Comments

  1. Great way to raise money for a worthy cause! I'll email you once I get home from work. Would love to mail you some pennies to help out your team.


  2. Hey Stacy! I'm just reading this post. Can I send you some money and you take it to the bank and swap it for pennies? Is that cheating?


Post a Comment