Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, March 29, 2010:
Happy birthday to our Ms.Smexy - MANDI!

Mandi's rockstar "husband" Brandon Flowers

Sometimes you meet people in your life that have a greater impact than others. It could be a life-altering impact, or one of a less serious but no less valid reason. Mandi is one of those people that I've known for several months, and much like Katiebabs, has this way about her that is fun, engaging, and totally infectious (but in a good way *g*).

I'm bad a remembering things, so I can't exactly say how long I've known Mandi, but it's been awhile, gotta be around a year, and mostly through Twitter. She's generous, funny as hell, and adorable in her enthusiasm for all things Bruce Weed, er, Brandon Flowers, red wine, and sexy books. I also think she has an amazing talent for bringing people together. That is really quite fabulous.

For me, Mandi is just someone I warmed up to right away. She's very easy to get along with, doesn't take herself too seriously, but is also incredibly loyal and quick to share a laugh or lend support. She's the type of person who takes people as they are, and I can believe that she's a loving mom who'd do anything for her family and friends.

So today is Smexy Day, the day of Mandi's birth, and we are spreading the love around the blogosphere. Feel free to share why you love Mandi and how much her friendship and humor have meant to you. Hugs to a beautiful, unique, and outrageous person. Mandi, we love you!


Brandon singing to Mandi





HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANDI!




Mandi's "unusual" crush, David Letterman


Dave's TOP 10 REASONS WE LOVE MANDI:

10. She loves wine *g*

9. She thinks hairy men are particularly smexy

8. She reads a ton of books and offers up fabulous recs

7. She's a Killers' freak! (someone has to love their music LOL)

6. She's damn funny!

5. She tweets hilarious revelations when she's had a little too much to drink *g*

4. She's got a fabulous blog: http://www.smexybooks.com/

3. She loves smut!

2. She's married to her middle school sweetheart - awwwww!


...and the number #1 reason we love Mandi....


SHE'S AN AWESOME FRIEND AND LIFE IS MUCH MORE FUN WITH HER AROUND!



Have an AWESOME day!

Labels: ,

12 Comments

  1. Brandon Flowers AND David Letterman - together?!? Smexy overload!! *THUMP* that is the noise I just made falling to the floor ....LOL

    Stacy!!!!! You are making me all teary-eyed :) Thank you for your kind words...I have to say, you are one of the sweetest people I have met!! YOU are the one that embraces everyone and made me feel right at home from the minute we started talking.

    Thank you so much..it really means a lot to me.

    And you know you want in on some of that Bruce Weeds action ;)


  2. Happy Birthday! Hope it's a sweet one :)


  3. Stacy you did an awesome job honoring Smexi. Thanks for telling us all it was her birthday and for giving us the idea to honor her on her wonderful day!


  4. I forgot to say that what Smexi said about you is soooo true! You really are one of the sweetest and it's an absolute joy to speak with you everyday! I love it when you call me hunny bunny. hehe


  5. Awwwwwwwww this is an awesome tribute to Smexy! She is a wonderful person!!!!!! Happy Birthday honey!


  6. What a wonderful post - Love your Top 10!!!

    w/v "under" = where Mandi wants to be with regards to Brandon Flowers ;)


  7. LOL great post. We all heart Mandi. xoxo


  8. I love when Mandi drinks her wine outta the box and tweets about The Killers.


  9. Happy Birthday Mandi! I'm so glad Stacy helped me find your blog. I love reading all your post and especially your tweets(love even more when wine is involved).


  10. Didn't get the time to join in on this all blog special. Work got in the way. LOL.
    But happy birthday Mandi :)


  11. Awww, warm fuzzies. :)


  12. A belated Happy Birthday Mandi! I love Mandi because her warmth and joy just shine through :)


Post a Comment