Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Thursday, November 26, 2009:
I'm thankful for....

Photobucket

I don't do a list every year, but this year I felt like writing one up. Here are just a few of the things I'm grateful for this year:


  • My crazy family. We may not be close, but I love them unconditionally. And though we live over 560 miles away from each other, they are always near.


  • My small group of RL friends. I'm not the most outgoing person, and I'm rather private, and very weird, yet I've managed to find a wonderful group of people who get that *g* I truly appreciate that :)


  • My health. It isn't until you get sick or see someone you love suffering with health issues that you really begin to appreciate being healthy. And I am, disgustingly so. I hardly ever get sick, I need maybe 6 hours of sleep a night, and I feel good. The worse thing I suffer is that time of the month, and I know others who get it worse. Also means I have a low tolerance for pain.


  • My job. Oh my gosh, these days I've seen so many good people lose their jobs, people with families to support. I am very fortunate I have a relatively stable job in this economy, and I intend to keep it that way.


  • My online friends! Here more than anywhere I know you guys can appreciate that :) Who knew that you could "meet" so many amazing people online? I'm very grateful for that as none of my RL friends read romance, and my reading is such a large part of who I am. I LOVE my online friends.


  • I have to specifically mention Twitter because I've met people from all over the world whom I'd never know otherwise. It's become rather an addiction for me, especially now that I have an iPhone. You can Twitter anywhere. Except, it seems, in the movie theatre. For some reason, I can't get reception there...


  • Heat! I freeze easily, much like Meg Ryan in "When Harry Met Sally", I freeze when it's 72 degrees outside. I am lucky that I can afford to stay warm.


  • Netflix. I took several years off of watching t.v. because I was such a hermit. I could watch t.v. 12 hours a day. I stopped, cold turkey. Now, slowly I'm getting back to watching it, one series at a time. My newest love is Chuck, which I'll be talking about in another blog post.


  • Smut, and the friends who love it as much as I apparently do. It's okay to be a dirty girl. Appreciate that about yourself. Celebrate your inner slut *g* Do it today!


  • Music. Because I just couldn't live without it. True, I'm such a mainstream girl, but I do have rare moments of brilliant taste as well. All I know is it's a requirement.


  • Dreams. I have them just like everyone else, and some I've added to a list of things to do before I die. Some are to challenge myself, like skydiving. Others are places I want to visit or things I want to try. The world is a magical place.

I have you and your family have a wonderful and memorable Thanksgiving. Peace....


Labels:

3 Comments

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Stacy! I hope you have a wonderful day! And I love your list :)


  2. Online friends and smut... I'm with ya there, LOL! I only started 'celebrating my inner slut' recently! And fun it is!! I Like the rest of your list too. Hope you had a wonderful day :)


  3. I has to second your holler for smut. ;)


Post a Comment