Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Wednesday, April 29, 2009:
Inspiration - Kyle Maynard
I've been feeling a little down lately, and I'm not sure why. Nothing's going wrong in my life - got my health, my family and friends are doing well, my job is relatively secure. I have nothing to be upset about that I can think of. But my heart is feeling a little sad right now and I thought I'd find something to blog about that made me smile.

Photobucket


"When Kyle Maynard speaks of accomplishment, you listen. The term hero is overused in sports, but this is the real deal. He was born with a rare physical disorder that left him deformed and incapable of walking. He proceeded to spend most of his life doing exactly what he wanted anyway." (Dan Wetzel, Yahoo! Sports, April 27th, 2009).

Kyle is 23 years old. He wrote a book a few years back called "No Excuses", of which I have a copy. I saw him on Oprah. He's an optimistic and determined young man who makes you realize that life is unfair, but get over it. I'm not much into fighting but I really love his attitude about life. Click here for the rest of the story.

Who inspires you?

Labels:

9 Comments

  1. I think we all get a little down from time to time. You are not alone.
    But looking at Kyle, makes me feel so selfish for my small problems. What an inspiration.


  2. I'm sorry you're blue, doll.

    Sending you cyber {{{HUGS}}}

    Feel better soon!


  3. (((Stacy)))

    When I get really down, I think about all the struggles my mother and grandmother went through in their lifetimes, and it helps to remember that they both kept their sense of humor and their sense of wonder. That they could smile at a budding flower or a laughing children even when things were downright glum in their lives.

    And, more recently, this guy


  4. I think we all get down from time to time, no matter how wonderful life is. I'm sorry it's happening to you though.

    My dad is the one who inspires me. He's got a boatload of energy and is always pretty much up...which is amazing since he's 74 years old. You wouldn't guess his age by looking at him but whenever I'm feeling a bit lifeless I think of him and it makes me feel better.


  5. Hey Stacy-

    Been feeling a bit blue myself. I think it has alot to do with this gloomy rainy weather that's been around the past few days. Unfortunatly it's supposed to last thru Friday night in my neck of the woods...unless they have changed the torecase recently. I think they areexpecting Saturday to be a nice warm day before the rain returns on Sunday.

    Hopefully all the rain will get over with and the nice spring days will return before long.

    Do you have any plans for the weekend?


  6. (((Stacy)))

    It's weird. Sometimes just the simpliest thing can get us down. I don't have anyone who inspires me...I kind of do something similar to azteclady's mother and grandmother...just stop and look at something that I might otherwise ignore in the 'rush'.

    And as KB said, you can always put your issues in perspective when you see someone around you that is 'making lemonade' from the lemons life gave them :)


  7. And since this always makes me smile:

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTXyXuqfBLA

    FYI - I can't access YouTube where I am so just in case...it's the Muppet's version of Mah Na Mah Na :)


  8. This is so cool! What a great post. Everybody gets down, but how smart of you to put things in perspective like this.

    I hope you're feeling less blue today, Stacy.


  9. orannia, thank you!!

    I love love love that!


Post a Comment