Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Tuesday, November 27, 2007:
This 'n that...
Well I am deep into vacation mode here, sleeping in late, eating food that is completely yummy but totally bad for me, and reading lots of books. It's sheer heaven, and the only thing preventing it from being perfect is the weather. I'd love a few days (or weeks) of sunny days with temps in the 70's, but since I live in the midwest, that just ain't happening.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I've finally read a Kathleen E. Woodiwiss book, the infamous "The Flame and The Flower". Written in 1972, thirty-five years ago, obviously this book is one of the biggest influences on the romance industy, having impacted many readers and writers alike. I liked it more than I thought I would. Reason being is because I was expecting it to be overtaken by a brutal, cold hero and a silly, paralyzed heroine, but that wasn't the case at all. Yes, the forced seduction was there, but not as violent as I had feared. Brandon was not the unforgivable hero I was imagining, and Heather was not always the shrinking violet I'd pegged her to be. So it was a pleasant read, and one that did remind me of the early historical romances I read when I was in my teens. I enjoyed it very much, and am much relieved as I have 3 or 4 others of hers that I bought, and now I don't have to face them with as much trepidation.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I'm going to be working on my Christmas cards this week, and am going to ask that if you're interested in doing a card exchange, please post a comment saying as much, and I'll email you my addy, and vice versa. If you participated last year (Dev, Jodi, Kate), I've already got you down. I know I'm a dork but I just love sending out cards, and receiving them.
What are you currently reading?
Any pleasant surprises?

Labels: ,

5 Comments

  1. I wondered if you were off this week, Stace. I liked The Flame & The Flower pretty well, but my favorite Woodiwiss is A Rose In Winter. Love that story!

    I'm reading Ice Storm by Anne Stuart. Love her anti-heroes and Killian is no exception. I'm enjoying it very much.


  2. I'm reading Virgin River by Robyn Carr and Promises Keep by Sarah McCarty. I'm about halfway through PK and only on page 50 of VR now. Both are very good.


  3. I've never read one of her books.

    At the moment I'm not reading anything. I really want to go get Deal With This by Lucy Monroe.


  4. I recently read A Rose in Winter and can't wait to read more of her stuff.


  5. I'm with Marykate. A Rose In Winter is my favorite KW book, too. I think that's because it was my very first romance ever, though. I also liked The Elusive Flame even more than The Flame & The Flower.

    So what are the other books of her's that you have?

    Oh. I'm reading Devil May Cry by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I think I may be losing interest because it's kind of "meh" for me.


Post a Comment