Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Thursday, November 22, 2007:
Being thankful
Well, the official day of thanks is just about over, and I don't know about you, but I'm stuffed. Tthe holiday season is just about to go into full swing, and with that, many things to be thankful for. Black Friday is tomorrow and along with that, the mega sales that happen in time for the holidays. There's also spending time with family and friends, usually the one time you all get together throughout the year when we try to not be so busy and try to remember what's important - gifts. (Just kidding).
I have to work tomorrow, first time in my working career (not counting the bookstore) and it's rather strange. But I'm on vacation all next week, and I plan on getting the majority of my shopping done, and working on my Christmas cards. I did the same thing last year, but then I went to Vegas for a few days. This year I'm trying to be good, working on paying off my credit card...just so I can charge it up again. Well, hopefully not.
Next year I have some trips planned, nothing definite yet though. There is D.C. in April - I've never been before; Ohio for the 4th annual Lori Foster/Dianne Castell Reader/Author get-together; San Francisco in July, if I decide to go to RWA; and maybe another trip to Vegas, or somewhere warm, next November. I am so looking forward to it after being so good this year. (Translation: being boring).
I plan on doing another Christmas card exchange this year, so if anyone's interested, stay tuned. If you did it last year, don't worry, you're still on the list - I love sending out cards :)
And I want to take a quick minute to thank all the posters and lurkers who come visit "my place", and that I really enjoy your comments, and the fact you show up at all. I will be having a contest for a 1-year subscription to Romantic Times magazine, so I hope you'll stick around for that. After all, the holidays are all about giving
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours :)
Anyone braving Black Friday?

Labels: ,

3 Comments

  1. Hope you've had a wonderful Thanksgiving, Stacy. Your travel plans next year sound awesome!

    Me, I'm not leaving the house tomorrow ~ except to take kiddo to a sleepover late tomorrow afternoon (after Black Friday craziness has ended).


  2. Wow, I haven't been here for so long. LOL. Anyway, just dropping by to say happy belated thanksgiving. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.


  3. Hope you had a wonderful day, Stace! Can't wait to meet you in April in DC!


Post a Comment