Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Monday, June 04, 2007:
Hitting the highlights with writers and fans @ the Lori Foster event
Oh another fun weekend has come and gone! I'm feeling a little sad but definitely excited for next year's event. If you've never gone, and/or think it might be a bit intimidating, let me tell you that it's a friendly, relaxed and fun environment, the perfect place to meet some of your favorite authors.
Lori Foster is just terrific, and very passionate about the causes she supports, and her partner in crime, Dianne Castell, is a hoot, always making sure everyone is having a good time. You can't help but feel a part of the reader/writer family at one of these things.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

One of the authors responsible for the event:

Lori Foster, grandson Lucas and son Mason


Here are just a few of my highlights (in no particular order):


  • Meeting Kelley Vitollo! She hadn't been feeling well and didn't think she could come, but she made it, and she looked great. Plus she's so nice and her enthusiasm is contagious. I'm so glad she was able to make it.
  • Reader & awesome photographer Michelle Breaux showed up! It was great to meet her too, and get another of her calendars, which I actually gave to Kelley because she didn't have one and they are too gorgeous not to share.
  • Hanging with my "long-time" online pals Judy F, Laurie, LadyB, Lisa F, BadBarb, Joni, Kaleen, Barb S, Chris S...(hope I didn't miss anyone)
  • Creating a raffle basket. I bought a cute tote bag and filled it with Bath & Body Works products in sweet pea; Jaci Burton's "Wild, Wicked & Wanton" and Jill Shalvis' "Smart & Sexy" (two of my recent favorite books); a $10 Borders gift card; milk chocolate & dark chocolate and a Bendel candle in vanilla bean. It was won by a reader named Karen.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Standing: Lisa F, Laurie, moi, Judy F

Sitting: Lady B (Beth), Niny


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Kelley Vitollo, moi, Beth, Carolyn, Shana
I'll hopefully be posting more pictures and highlights of the next few days, and include final totals on the amount of money collected for the YWCA Battered Women's Shelter, the Animal Adoption Foundation, and the troops - causes that are all near and dear to the Lori Foster BookJunkys and Vamps and Scamps.
And mark your calendars: next year's event will be held at the same place June 8 -9, 2008!

Labels: , ,

15 Comments

  1. Stacy it was great seeing you again. I can't believe its over either. Time just goes so fast. This year was extra special to me with Alane and family coming in. Its so amazing to become such close friends with people you only "talk" to over the computer. I treasure each and everyone of you.


  2. Sounds like a great event, Stacy. I'm so glad you had a good time. :o)


  3. Ah Jude, always great to hang with ya. I loved seeing Alane and her family too.

    Jules, you gotta come next year, you just gotta!


  4. Sounds so amazing Stace! I'm glad you're back and had a great time! Love the photos.


  5. I saw you there! I can't believe I didn't connect the Stacy~ to you! Oye! It was such a good time, wasn't it?


  6. I had so much fun too, Stacy!! I was so excited to meet you and I really hope to go so we can hang out more next year!


  7. It was so great to meet you Stacy! I just wish we had more time together. The weekend sure does go by quickly!

    Here's hoping next year works out with my schedule:)


  8. Looks like everyone had a great time! I'm so bummed I couldn't make it this year. I had a wonderful time last year!


  9. I am so glad you guys included an animal group as well! I know a lot of people that give to every cause but they don't even bother with the poor animals. :-(

    Great job guys!!!!!!!!!


  10. MK, you & Jules should come next year.

    Anne! I don't remember you, and I'm usually pretty good with names/faces. Maybe we didn't actually meet?

    Kelley, you were a doll :)

    Michelle, yeah we definitely need to plan to hang out more.

    Lori, hopefully you can make it next year, especially since they changed it back to the 2nd weekend.

    Mailyn, Lori Foster and a lot of us LOVE animals, so the cause fits right in - we are very passionate about it.


  11. Great that you're back and even better that you had such a good time :)


  12. Wow that looks like you had a great time Stacy! =)


  13. Loved seeing the pics!


  14. Stacy,
    We sure know how to have fun, don't we? I had a blast and can't wait for next year. Lots of laughs, lots of fun, and lots of money raised for some very good causes!
    Big hugs - until next year!


  15. OMG that is so awesome! You are a well connected lady, Stacy! I love the pics and you are just lovely! And I must say, one of the very few people I know that looks great in a perm! ;)


Post a Comment