Stacy's Place on Earth
Blog Home Change to Small Font Change to Large Font
Thursday, April 15, 2010:
Blog to watch: Leontine's Book Realm


Today I want to give a shout-out to a blog I've been visiting awhile, but have recently really started to appreciate. It's one of my favorite Tweeps, Leontine, and her place is Leontine's Book Realm (you can also follow her on Twitter - @Leontine1976).

I really got to know Leontine through Twitter, and we had very similar tastes in books. She's recommended several to me over the last many months, and some I've really liked, others not so much (Shadowfae comes to mind). However one of the things I completely love about Leontine and her blog are the amazing, lyrical reviews she writes. She totally blows me away with her reviews. Using Shadowfae as an example: this was a book that just didn't suit me, though I very much wanted to enjoy it, yet Leontine wrote about it in such a way, that even though I'd already read it, I was almost convinced that I did like it, because her review was so enticing, so poignant and perceptive and beautiful, that I could have bypassed my own personal feelings and fallen in love with the book just based on her review. The girl's got serious talent.

She just did a review of "Patience", the much awaited yet now much maligned book by Lisa Valdez. After reading some comments about it, I pretty much decided I wasn't going to read it. Why be disappointed when you know you're not going to like something, right? Well then yesterday I read Leontine's review, and I'm leaning towards wanting to read it. She has me utterly curious about this story now, thinking that maybe there's just something in it that I might like. That is the power that is Leontine.

So if you aren't already a follower of Leontine's blog, you should be, because it's a wondrous place, and Leontine is one cool, smart chick with great taste and quite a way with words. She's also a lot of fun to follow & chat with on Twitter :)

Labels:

8 Comments

  1. I agree with all you said! She's one great reviewer :)


  2. I love Leontine's blog! I've been following her for a little over a year now. I love not only her reviews but the character features she occasionally has. I think the passion she feels for the writers and the books that she loves really comes through.


  3. Agree with all thing said. Leontine just rocks!


  4. I have been following Leontine since I started blogging a year ago too. And everything you said I could not agree with you more!!!!!!!!!! She is awesome!!!!
    Thanks for showcasing her! She is simply the best!


  5. Yay for leontine :)
    She is great for sure


  6. Totally agree! Leontine's blog is one of my favorites. I love her reviews. :)


  7. Love, love her blog. And yes, lyrical is a great way to describe her reviews. Always so well thought out and fun to read. And her Beefcake club - Hello!! So much fun :)


  8. Nicely said Stacy! I so agree with all you said! Leontine has a great blog AND she is a wonderful girl! :)


Post a Comment